Review of Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sakshi Singh1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakshi-singh1.html
Latest Review: The Divinely Sinful Saints by Itotko

Re: Review of Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight

Post by Sakshi Singh1 »

Your detailed analysis of "Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" highlights the author's adept use of literary devices and narrative techniques, enriching the reading experience. Your observations about the transitions between stories provide valuable insight for potential readers. Thanks for sharing your thoughtful review.
Sonia_Gonzalez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight follows King Elias, who must find a woman to marry and become queen. Hoping to find a sign from God to choose the correct woman, he is struggling to choose between Belinda and Rosalind.
Marand Ashish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marand-ashish.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 12%

Post by Marand Ashish »

"Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" by Robert Murray is a perfect blend of history and poetry, bringing the legends of Camelot to life with rhythmic grace. The depth of the narrative and the lyrical style make it a unique and captivating read.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 644
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Gayatri Tripathi, I just read your comments on the official review of "Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" and it looks like you must have been an English major. I enjoyed your review but I had to stop and think about each term you used. Thank you for reminding me of college classes. @Mrlefty0706
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: Army Life by Darryl Jefferson
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

The Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight is centered around love and poetry. This review shows one will enjoy reading the book itself. Thank you for the review it's precise.
Shanesha Sammerson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanesha-sammerson.html
Latest Review: Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny)

Post by Shanesha Sammerson »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight." It's commendable how the author skillfully incorporates literary devices like allegory, alliteration, and rhyming patterns, enhancing the storytelling experience. While the transition between stories might require a bit of attention, the overall narrative captivates with its intriguing tales of Camelot. Your thorough review highlights the book's strengths and makes a compelling case for its five-star rating. I appreciate your insightful analysis and recommendations for readers who enjoy narrative poetry and ballads.
Do Thi Huong
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do-thi-huong.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Post by Do Thi Huong »

The story seems romantic and interesting. With the author's adept employment of literary devices like allegory, alliteration, and rhyming patterns, I find it compelling enough to give the book a try.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Damian Keyes »

Growing up, Camelot was my favorite story so if this book is the same vein as that, then I know I'm going to enjoy this read. I hope King Elias finds the love of his life. Congrats to the author for having the BOTD.
RomanceBound T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romancebound-t.html
Latest Review: Holy Terror by John R. Dougherty

Post by RomanceBound T »

This sounds interesting with authors use of literary devices. You have mentioned both negative and positive aspects of the book beautifully in your review. I'd love to find out who'd Elia choose as his wife. Congrats on BOTD.
CHANTAL EWING
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chantal-ewing.html
Latest Review: Unsilenced by Martins Agbonlahor

Post by CHANTAL EWING »

‪“Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight” by Robert Murray delves into the story of King Elias Pendragon established as the new ruler of Camelot in melodic verse, suddenly faced with conundrums that no sword can conquer.‬
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Anu Anand »

"Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" by Robert Murray is a captivating read! Murray's skillful use of literary devices enriches the narrative, making it both engaging and thought-provoking. Congrats on BOTD!
Sky Revews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sky-revews.html
Latest Review: Magi Apprentice by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Sky Revews »

Expect the familiar elements of Arthurian legend: chivalry, knights, romance, and political intrigue in and around the castle of Camelot. Murray’s writing in verse is daring, which makes this piece an excellent selection for lovers of experimental storytelling or poetry.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

I love ballads and the fact that literary devices can be used so freely and to such good effect in them. The reviewer mentioned three types of literary devices when writing about "Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" by Robert Murray.
The review made the point that the transitions between stories was too abrupt and perhaps another edit and revision round would be in order.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Quantitative Research Made Easy by Claude Phiri

Post by sanjeev maurya »

It sounds like "Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" by Robert Murray offers a rich narrative steeped in Arthurian lore, exploring themes of love, loyalty, and duty. The use of literary devices, such as allegory, alliteration, and rhyme, adds depth to the storytelling, making it engaging and thought-provoking. While the quick transitions between stories might require some readers to backtrack occasionally, your overall assessment of the book as a five-star read highlights its strengths and merits. As someone interested in reading the book, I appreciate your detailed review, and I look forward to delving into the captivating world of Camelot through Murray's prose.
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

Someone like King Elias who is occupying such a high position needs to be extremely careful when choosing a bride. Interesting review!

Return to “Historical Fiction”