Boston Girl

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
aksauce
Currently Reading: Code Name Verity
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aksauce.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Boston Girl

Post by aksauce »

Boston Girl by Anita Diamante depicts the life of a the extremely relatable character Addie Baum as she attempts to navigate growing up in a world that is very different to that of her immigrant parents. Every teenager can relate to her struggle as she goes against her parents and their different views of what is proper behavior. Along the way Addie finds her own confidence and grows into the young woman her parents wanted to suppress.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

I really enjoyed reading Boston Girl as well! I thought the author did a great job of creating an atmosphere that captured the time and the struggles of the main character. Being of Jewish decent, I found the character extremely relatable although we clearly grew up in different times. I highly recommend this book to anyone!

Return to “Historical Fiction”