Review of An Unlikely Arrangement

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abraham Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Review of An Unlikely Arrangement

Post by Abraham Ozo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "An Unlikely Arrangement" by Cindy Patterson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

An Unlikely Arrangement by Cindy Patterson is a historical romance book that revolves around Abigail Dupree, a lady who believes that her tainted past makes her unworthy of experiencing true happiness. Abigail Dupree had been engaged to Randall Thorne when she was about fifteen. Being deceptive at that age and wanting to prove her love, she allowed him to taint her, and he ended up running off with her best friend. This incident brought shame to her family, and they had to move from Asheville at the time and settle in Charlotte.

Five years later, Abigail was still unmarried and with a limited number of suitors, as she could not bear anyone finding out about her scandalous past. Her father, in wisdom, sends her to her aunt Louisa in Asheville under the watchful eyes of a handsome man, Garrett Barringer, a business partner whom he could count on to take care of her. However, her time in Asheville would expose her to a variety of experiences and influence her choices.

I must admit that this book reminded me of the harlequin books I was used to while growing up, and I think this is due to the genre. I observed that the plot of this book was interesting and simple; the romance aspect also wasn't stuffed because the author allowed the subplots and events to occur simultaneously, and this aided the story's depth. The grammatical aspect of this book was also flawless. This book was exceptionally edited.

Reading through this book, I noticed no negative aspect to it, and I only have words of commendation for the author. I would recommend this book to audiences interested in romance, fictional stories, and pleasurable themes. I'm rating this book 5 out of 5 stars as it met and exceeded my expectations. I picked up some lessons, like the importance of kindness, empathy, and trusting God even when situations seem bleak.

An Unlikely Arrangement
View: on Bookshelves
Akshata Sale
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Akshata Sale »

Reading through this book, I noticed no negative aspect to it, and I only have words of commendation for the author. I would recommend this book to audiences interested in romance, fictional stories, and pleasurable themes. I'm rating this book 5 out of 5 stars as it met and exceeded my expectations. I picked up some lessons, like the importance of kindness, empathy, and trusting God even when situations seem bleak. Everyone should go through this book.
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review, Your detailed analysis highlights the author's skillful blend of science and marketing concepts, enriched by engaging personal anecdotes. It's encouraging to see the positive impact of real-world examples and the effectiveness of practical insights. Your thorough appreciation, including the absence of dislikes and recognition of the well-edited content, reinforces the book's value. Your 5-star rating and recommendation make a compelling case for readers!
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

Would like to read this one by your recommendation. Thank you for mentioning your likes and dislikes. It is true that simple stories are sometimes the best to read.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Lilo n Stitch
Currently Reading: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilo-n-stitch.html
Latest Review: Tour of Duty by William H. Coles

Post by Lilo n Stitch »

"An Unlikely Arrangement" sounds like a captivating tale with Abigail's complex past adding an intriguing layer. The blend of romance and simultaneous subplots definitely makes it worth checking out. Thanks for the detailed review
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

Based on the review, "An Unlikely Arrangement" by Cindy Patterson seems to be a well-crafted historical romance book with an interesting and simple plot. The author successfully blends romance with subplots and events, creating a depth to the story. The flawless editing is also commendable. The reviewer highly recommends the book to those interested in romance and fictional stories, as it exceeded their expectations. Overall, it appears to be an enjoyable read with valuable lessons on kindness, empathy, and trust.
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The captivating storyline, coupled with the author's seamless weaving of subplots, promises a delightful reading experience. The praise for flawless grammar and exceptional editing only adds to my excitement. I'm eager to explore the themes of romance, resilience, and life lessons highlighted in the book.
Azaz Raja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azaz-raja.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Azaz Raja »

This review of "An Unlikely Arrangement" by Cindy Patterson provides a comprehensive overview of the book's plot, characters, and overall impression. The reader appreciates the simplicity and depth of the romance plot, likening it to the nostalgic feel of Harlequin books. They commend the author's ability to weave subplots seamlessly and maintain flawless grammar throughout the book. With no negative aspects noted, they highly recommend the book to romance and fiction enthusiasts. The reader also highlights the valuable lessons learned from the story. Overall, this glowing review encourages others to pick up the book and experience its charm.

Return to “Historical Fiction”