Review of Jesus the Egypt years

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Somtochukwu O Ezeme
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-somtochukwu-o-ezeme.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Review of Jesus the Egypt years

Post by Somtochukwu O Ezeme »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Jesus the Egypt years" by Femi martin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jesus The Egypt Years by Femi Martin is a compelling historical fiction that provides an insightful account of the journey of Jesus and his parents in Egypt. The book narrates the circumstances that led to their migration from their home in Judaea to Egypt, where they sought refuge from the wrath of King Herod. The king was deeply troubled by the news that a holy child was born who would eventually take over his throne. Fearing the loss of his power, he embarked on a mission to kill the child, which led Joseph and Mary, Jesus's parents, to flee with him to Egypt.

On his second set of attempts, Herod applied high and experienced mercenaries with zero tolerance for failure, leading to the death of one of his ministers because he made a minor error by allowing Jesus to escape abduction. The book raises ultimate questions such as: Did Herod succeed in his mission? How did he plan to achieve his goal? Did he manage to kill the holy child Jesus? What happened to Jesus's parents? Readers will find answers to these questions in the book.

The book offers a detailed account of the struggles they faced in Egypt. The author's writing style is captivating, making it a must-read for anyone interested in history and religion. I like the narrative nature of the book. The book is expository and engaging. The book title is a positive aspect of the book.

There are no negative aspects to the book. The book has different plots, and the author professionally harmonized the plots together. I do not dislike the book. The book editing is flawless. I recommend the book Jesus The Egypt Years by Femi Martin to Christians and religious leaders. Anyone who loves the teachings of the bible will find the book entertaining.

I rate the book Jesus The Egypt Years by Femi Martin 5 out of 5 stars. The reasons for my rating are above.

Jesus the Egypt years
View: on Bookshelves
George Nduuru
Favorite Book: Original Wisdom
Currently Reading: If... and other stories
Bookshelf Size: 50
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 3%

Post by George Nduuru »

Fantastic review. Fiction based on real-world events or concepts rarely captures my attention. However, if there were fascinating historical contexts about ancient Egypt—which I'm curious to learn—I would reconsider.
Paris Kumar
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 489
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paris-kumar.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Paris Kumar »

Your insightful review of "Jesus The Egypt Years" by Femi Martin highlights the book's captivating narrative and seamless blending of historical and religious elements. Your appreciation for its engaging writing style and flawless editing makes your recommendation compelling for readers interested in history and religion. :techie-studyinggray:

Thanks for sharing your reading experience with us!
The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
—Samuel Johnson

I am happy to be a part of the OnlineBookClub.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

You appreciates various elements of the book, including the interesting characters, humorous interactions, engaging world-building, and the easy-to-follow language. The mention of entertaining encounters, such as Jeremiah's first interaction with John and the teasing between James, John, and Rosa, adds a personal touch to the review. The inclusion of illustrations and poems in the book would surely enhance the overall experience for the reader.

Return to “Historical Fiction”