Review of Lincoln’s World

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shiru Elizabeth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: From Flames to Valor by Jose L Berrios

Review of Lincoln’s World

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lincoln’s World" by James Reilly.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Lincoln's World, a historical fiction book by James Reilly, explores what might have happened to Abraham Lincoln and the course of his presidency. Abraham Lincoln ended slavery and the suffering of black people by granting freedom to slaves and assisting them in returning to their ancestral lands after being saved by a blacksmith named Chara. This historical fiction demonstrates how Africans come together to forge a united nation, putting a stop to suffering throughout the world.

We glimpse what their lives may have been like when Abraham Lincoln emancipated the slaves following the Civil War. According to James Reilly's book, they develop into a harmonious community where people support one another and grow together while still using the English language as a symbol of respect. An African youngster discovers certain changes in civilization throughout the entire African continent, which sets off the journey. Changes that incorporate their own freedom laws and terms (Manra, an African-American mashup that was used to express support for a cause). The African Aging Society (AAS), a nonprofit that provides living expenses to all of its senior residents, was also established.

This historical fiction truly blew my mind. It got me thinking about all the different things that may have happened if Abraham Lincoln's assassination had been stopped or prevented. The book was a great read with a lot of information because the author mentioned historical figures like Queen Jade of the Hausa tribe, who is credited with founding a retirement home support program that offers the local community specialized transportation teams for medical personnel and students.

The book's narration was one aspect I found problematic; I was never quite sure who was narrating. Aside from that, it was an enjoyable read, and I would suggest it to anybody looking to temporarily escape reality.

I give this book four out of five stars; it was not professionally proofread, and when I read it, I saw five typos that had no bearing on the storyline. I also didn't come across any sexual or profanity-filled material. This is an excellent work of historical fiction. 

Lincoln’s World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

Historical fiction is usually pleasing because of the addition of actual facts. The book is very informative and there is no room for boredom due to the way it was written. You wrote a beautiful review of the book.

Return to “Historical Fiction”