Review of Let The Children Come

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lisa P Cowling
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The one that kills you by Rick Rothermel

Review of Let The Children Come

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Let The Children Come" by Tom Fay.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Let the Children Come by Tom Fay is a 35-chapter book that narrates the story of a philanthropist and pastor, George Müller, in a contemporary way. Dating back to the 19th century, George Müller’s life story is retold excellently, using excerpts from today's modern world. In his quest to find peace, to what length does George Müller go to attain it? What will he have to bear through his sojourn in life? These questions leave one glued to reading this book in search of the answers.

What I like about this book is the author's ability to modernize George Müller’s story and make it relatable and understandable to people, adding excerpts of modern-day life and lingo. It’s hard to believe that this is a real story because of the great feats George Müller achieved in his lifetime, but he attributes it all to God. I am greatly inspired by his work and passion for people and children. He showed profound interest in the things people relegate, such as caring for abandoned children and making their souls burn for Christ. His loss throughout his life moved me to truly understand why religious people believe that the ways of God are far from our understanding. This story will teach Christians not to worry but to place all their trust in him, who gave them life and purpose. The writer did a great job of adding dialogue to this story, which gave me an insight into the thought process of these characters.

I have no issues from the book to discuss, and I would like to credit the author for this read. As you might guess, this book gets the perfect rating. I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. Another reason for this high rating is the error-free nature of the book. Also, the author employed easy language in writing this book, conveying his message in the most understandable way.

I recommend this book to Christians who are growing in faith and to people who seek to understand the ways of God. People who enjoy contemporary Christian fiction would enjoy this book. This book can be read by any reader, regardless of their religious affiliations.

Let The Children Come
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

As a prospective reader, the review of "Let the Children Come" by Tom Fay offers a compelling portrayal of a contemporary retelling of George Müller's life, a 19th-century philanthropist and pastor. The fusion of historical narrative with modern-day elements, including language and excerpts, seems intriguing. The reviewer's questions about Müller's quest for peace and the challenges he faces create a sense of curiosity, making the book appear engaging. The positive remarks about the author's ability to modernize Müller's story, making it relatable and understandable, resonate with me.
Paris Kumar
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 489
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paris-kumar.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Paris Kumar »

Your review of "Let the Children Come" by Tom Fay is insightful and heartfelt, showcasing your appreciation for the author's ability to modernize George Müller's story while maintaining its profound impact and relevance. Your recommendation is inclusive and highlights the universal appeal of the book. Well done! The depth of your analysis and the clarity of your insights make your review a valuable guide for prospective readers.

Keep up the excellent work! :tiphat:
The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
—Samuel Johnson

I am happy to be a part of the OnlineBookClub.
Ringle Nashak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ringle-nashak.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ringle Nashak »

Your recommendation is inclusive and highlights the universal appeal of the book. Well done! The depth of your analysis and the clarity of your insights make your review a valuable guide for prospective readers.
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further.
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

I like that the author added things that the readers can easily relate to in order to help them appreciate the book better. How far does Muller go to attain peace?
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.

Return to “Historical Fiction”