Review of Another Sunset

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: The Foundation for Peace by Patrick J Roelle, Sr. / Mr. Pat

Review of Another Sunset

Post by Robert Andrew »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Another Sunset" by Filippo Lucca.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Another Sunset by Filippo Lucca is a historical fiction novel by the author. The central character in this novel is Giulio Broggini, an Italian born in the year 1913. The author tells the story of how Giulio came to live and do business in Kenya. The story follows Giulio's upbringing, the discovery of his skills, his love life, and how the wars that Italy fought affected the course of his life. The story does not just involve Giulio alone, as the author also gives us other young characters, friends of Giulio, and how war and love affected their lives. While giving historical facts, the author also creates these fictional characters whose lives were affected by fascism, a civil war, World War II, terror attacks, oppression, and how they were able to survive and love through it all. 

The author combines two themes, giving the readers an epic tale of love and war. Throughout the book, we see these themes play a central role as the story unfolds. The author shows the destructive effects of war on individuals and families. The author gives a quote at the beginning of the book by H.L. Mencken: "Love is like war. Easy to begin, hard to stop." This quote is quite proven in this book, as we see from the narrative. The author provides true historical events, and this adds to the beauty of the book. He takes the readers back in time and helps them see the events of the war through the eyes of those who lived in Italy at that time and the soldiers who fought the war. 

My favorite character in the novel is Giulio Broggini. He plays a central role in the book, and he is one of the characters who makes the story beautiful. One thing I love most about this character is his devotion and love for his partner. He was willing to take risks that could have cost him his life because of this devotion, and it is admirable. The author gives readers a man who's every woman's dream man. Another character I enjoyed was Bruno; his commitment to his principles is commendable and something to be emulated. 

Reading through the pages of this novel was truly an emotional rollercoaster. There were the high and low moments; the suspense was thick at some point. There is nothing I dislike about this book. The book was free of any typographical errors, and it was excellently edited.

The book is an exceptional novel deserving of a perfect rating, and I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. The book's captivating plot and the happy ending for the actors motivated my decision to give the book a perfect rating. I recommend this book to lovers of historical fiction, war stories, romance, and love stories, as well as those who believe in a happy ending and the power of love.

Another Sunset
View: on Bookshelves
Biswajit Barman 1
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 91
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Biswajit Barman 1 »

The novel's pacing keeps readers engaged from start to finish, with each page brimming with emotion, suspense, and historical insight. Lucca's meticulous attention to detail lends authenticity to the narrative, immersing readers in the sights, sounds, and struggles of the era.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Uncharted Desires by Jillian Sharp
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Laney K »

This books seems to have a little of everything theme wise. Historical fiction, romance, and an emotional rollercoaster sound like a perfect combination to me. Thanks for the thorough review!
Orji cyril Kaluokoro
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Orji cyril Kaluokoro »

Another Sunset is a historical fiction novel by Filippo Lucca, focusing on the protagonist Giulio Broggini, an Italian born in 1913. The novel follows Giulio's journey to Kenya, his upbringing, his discovery of skills, love life, and the impact of wars on his life. The story also includes other young characters, friends of Giulio, and how war and love affected their lives. The author uses historical facts and fictional characters to depict the lives of those affected by fascism, civil war, World War II, terror attacks, and oppression.

The novel combines themes of love and war, highlighting the destructive effects of war on individuals and families. The author uses H.L. Mencken's quote "Love is like war. Easy to begin, hard to stop" to illustrate the story. The author provides true historical events, allowing readers to see the events of the war through the eyes of those who lived in Italy at the time and the soldiers who fought the war.

The protagonist Giulio Broggini is the most beloved character in the novel, as he is a man who is every woman's dream man. His devotion and love for his partner are admirable, and his commitment to his principles is commendable. Bruno, another character, is another admirable character, as he is committed to his principles and is a role model for readers.

The novel is an emotional rollercoaster with high and low moments, thick suspense, and excellent editing. The book is free of typographical errors and has a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars. The captivating plot and happy ending for the actors motivate the rating.

I recommend Another Sunset to lovers of historical fiction, war stories, romance, and love stories, as well as those who believe in a happy ending and the power of love.
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Ajain12 »

"Another Sunset" by Filippo Lucca intricately weaves love and war themes, portraying the impact of historical events on characters like Giulio Broggini. Excellently edited and emotionally gripping, it earns a perfect 5-star rating.

Return to “Historical Fiction”