Review of Man That Runs Too Fast

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Review of Man That Runs Too Fast

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Man That Runs Too Fast" by Adrian Del Valle.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

“Man That Runs Too Fast” by Adrian Del Valle is a historical folklore about tribes that existed twelve thousand years ago along the Pacific Coast. The story revolves around the protagonist, Man That Runs Too Fast, also called Lan. Man That Runs Too Fast is the tribal chief of the Bandu tribe. His village was attacked by the Dinga tribe, and his people were massacred; the remaining people were taken into captivity. The only one left behind alive in the village is the village shaman called Sleeps by the Fire. Sleeps by the Fire then instructs Man That Runs Too Fast of a place that he should go to, a land that will be the new hunting ground for the Bandu tribe. Man That Runs Too Fast goes on this journey through rough terrain, passing many lands to reach this new place, and he finally gets there and declares that he will bring back his people there. Man That Runs Too Fast then begins his journey down from the said land. He discovers a camp on the land his people are now to inhabit. His fight begins there, and he has to kill in order to survive. His journey back takes him through different lands and tribes, from the Nakoma's tribe to the Mantotopha's tribe and others. He goes through all these with Ayashe by his side. He encounters dangerous animals on this journey, including the Nag Boksta (saber-tooth tiger) and the mammoths. 

In “Man That Runs Too Fast," the author brings out many themes in the story. We see the simple way of life of people of the ancient period, especially in the issue of marriage. The story also contains tribal wars; the author shows us how those they want to lead them in hunting and battle are chosen. We also see trade between tribes and even diplomatic negotiations to avert a war. 

My favorite character in the book is Ayashe. I enjoyed reading about Ayashe, and I believe she was responsible for some of the successes of Man That Runs Too Fast. She displayed wisdom in her dealings with others, and she showed bravery in the face of danger. 

There was nothing I disliked about the book; the characters played their roles perfectly well. One thing I found unique about the book was the names given to the characters. It was truly a brilliant touch by the author to have characters with names like Man That Run Too Fast, Sharp Knife, Man Walking, etc. Also, creating a Wyoming Paleo Indian Glossary for the purpose of writing this story was another creative plus for the author, and it added a form of originality to the story, making it appear more ancient and more suitable for the time the story happened.

I give this book a perfect rating. The book gets a perfect 5 out of 5 stars. Reading about Man That Runs Too Fast was a truly enjoyable experience. His journey and ending were so beautifully written that I found nothing that could take away from the perfect score. The book editing is perfect, as no errors were found. I recommend this book to historical fiction lovers and those who would love to read good folklore.

Man That Runs Too Fast
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Miquel Naidoo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Miquel Naidoo »

Man That Runs too fast is an absolutely captivating masterpiece that will leave you spellbound from start to finish. With beautifully crafted characters and a gripping storyline, this book immerses you in a world where the lines between reality and fantasy blur in the most mesmerizing way. The author's brilliant storytelling will keep you turning the pages eagerly, making this a must-read for anyone seeking an enchanting and thrilling literary experience.
MoeBrown
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moebrown.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Post by MoeBrown »

This review was very good. The author's naming convention made me chuckle as i do tend to foget names and instead remember their characteristics.
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 75%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

This book looks to be curious and interesting, I like this original story. Thanks for your detailed review.
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: Blood Vengeance by Charles Alexander

Post by Ajain12 »

"Man That Runs Too Fast" is a gripping historical folklore depicting tribal conflicts and a perilous journey. With rich character development and creative naming conventions, it earns a perfect rating. Recommended for historical fiction lovers.

Return to “Historical Fiction”