Review of The Supernatural Case of an Accidental Time Traveler

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 7%

Review of The Supernatural Case of an Accidental Time Traveler

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Supernatural Case of an Accidental Time Traveler" by Paul Tromba.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Supernatural Case of an Accidental Time Traveler by Paul Tromba is a book with all the perks of a good book. The sense of humor was on point, and the descriptions, the people in the book, and everything else are standout qualities.

The book is told from the perspective of Lou Barrett, who is an accidental time traveler. The time travel was accidental, as he unexpectedly entered the year 1888 while walking through an alley to work in late 2019. Upon appearing in this time zone, he is greeted by all forms of supernatural beings. He learns that most mythical stories he read about or was told were true. Moving forward, he gets into trouble and he has to fight three men of whom he had no idea what their true form was, and by chance, he happened to kill one of them. This incident birthed his encounter with Scott, who saved him from the other two, and the story picked up pace from there.

There are so many elements to this book that made me excited. I am a fan of paranormal books, so seeing all my favorite supernaturals in one book kept me in a constant state of ecstasy. There was no dull moment in this book. I always had something to look forward to. At the start of the book, I was looking forward to his encounter with the drunks who tried to rob him, then his fight with the supernatural, whom he managed to kill by chance, and many other things. This book was an awesome read for me. It was not just the genre that excited me; it was also how the author infused an excellent sense of humor into the book.

Another standout point is the meticulous attention to detail. This is a time travel book, and I noticed how only Lou used modern curse words. It would have been poor writing if all the other characters in the 1888 timezone also used modern curse words. The author deserves praise for this. This book also excellently handles sensitive issues. There was a scene where Lou was stabbed and had to be healed by a witch doctor. Elysif, the witch doctor, commented that Lou didn't seem to mind receiving treatment from a female doctor. This point struck a chord that in our modern day, most women are probably being discriminated against in their line of work. That scene was beautifully written, and I learned a lot from it.

I have absolutely no dislike for this book. There are also no negative aspects of the book. The author did not waste precious time drawing out details that could be pieced together with common sense. We all expect Lou to be confused when he suddenly finds himself in a time zone he is not familiar with. The author did not dwell on the confusion but rather stirred the character into survival mode, which was excellent. Getting a copy of this book should be your next step if you want to know the details of this scene. The editing was exceptionally done! Kudos to the editorial team. The book does, however, contain profanities, but that is something to be expected with the genre. Consider sitting this book out if you are extremely sensitive to profane words. I give this book a perfect rating of five out of five stars. I recommend this book to anyone who has a slight interest in the supernatural. Even if you aren't a fan of this genre, this book is your turning point, so grab a copy and dive in.

The Supernatural Case of an Accidental Time Traveler
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: Blood Vengeance by Charles Alexander

Post by Ajain12 »

"The Supernatural Case of an Accidental Time Traveler" excels with humor, engaging storytelling, and attention to detail. With no major flaws, it earns a perfect rating for supernatural enthusiasts.

Return to “Historical Fiction”