Official Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater [February 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sandra K Pearson
Currently Reading: The Pygmy Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-k-pearson.html
Latest Review: The Writer's Roadmap by Leigh Shulman

Re: Official Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater [February 2019 Book of the Month]

Post by Sandra K Pearson »

I dont really like war storys but your review makes it sound a little different than others, especially with sheet music included, would love to find out why the author added that.
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

Jorge Luis Borjes
Delightsome
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delightsome.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Delightsome »

The Warramunga's War, written by Greg Kater, is a well written book. A story of adventure. It is suspense filled.
Dic45ta
Favorite Book: Burn Zones
Currently Reading: Surviving Life As An Actor
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dic45ta.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Dic45ta »

I can't wait to grab a copy for myself after reading your review thanks. War has always been an interesting setting for me and this particular piece being linked to Egypt makes me even more excited.
FDKangwamu
Currently Reading: How To Talk With Spirits: Séances • Mediums • Ghost Hunts
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fdkangwamu.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by FDKangwamu »

Thanks for the great review. Coupled with the free sample that I got just this afternoon, I am now seriously inclined to purchase a copy and read this particular book.
I'm sure The Warramunga's war , by Greg Kater will be a great read for me and others that are yet to read it.
Cheers!!
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
hala-elnagy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hala-elnagy.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by hala-elnagy »

I like historical fiction so much and i will read this book. thanks for reviewing.
maritzaalston
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maritzaalston.html
Latest Review: A Roadmap To Career Success by John G Bendt

Post by maritzaalston »

I am currently reading this book and I am looking forward to the subsequent chapters. So far I have encountered a new friendship that is yet to flourish and soldiers promoted to new ranks and assigned to new covert positions in a Cairo. So exciting...
ZhanQuan
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by ZhanQuan »

Not a huge fan of war stories, but there is an artlessness in the writing of this book, as if it was based off the reminiscences of an old soldier’s adventures during The War, and describing the colorful characters and interesting people he encountered during that time.
MOSHIRA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by MOSHIRA »

This review was splendid after reading the book,the reviewer does perfect justice to the book in his review. the author is able to make the reader feel like he was in born in that particular era and actually was in the war.
EgweneAlvere
Currently Reading: The Lies of Locke Lamora
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by EgweneAlvere »

As other people have mentioned, I was put off by the title, but from what has been said here it might well be worth a read. Definitely not my typical read but exciting none the less. Thank you!
Cheshire_wolf
Favorite Author: J.R. Ward
Favorite Book: Allison's Adventures in Underland
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheshire-wolf.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00TXSSXJ0
fav_author_id: 4145

Post by Cheshire_wolf »

ValBookReviews wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 18:55 This is a very good, well-written book review with very few spoiler alerts, which peaks my interest to read it. :tiphat:
I concur to what she said. Now I'm not a history buff, never have been, however this review made me think I should give it a shot. Thank you. :tiphat:
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

Love this very detailed review of our #BOTM The Warramunga’s War by author Greg Kater. With such fast-paced, action-packed plot of the story he managed to develop an honest, genuine friendship with our main characters, Jamie and Jack. And amidst all the adventures and the element of espionage, their teamwork and determination to fulfill their duties prevailed! I can imagine the hard work that author Greg has exerted in this book. No wonder this read has received the highest honor of being FEBRUARY’s #BOTM🎉 Congratulations!!!
ljfricker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljfricker.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by ljfricker »

I've just got this book downloaded onto my Kindle app after reading everyone's glowing reviews. It didn't sound like my kind of thing from the blurb but definitely more interested after reading the reviews and how the write adds humour and develops such great character relationships. Looking forward to reading soon
HershyGreenwood
Currently Reading: A Storm of Swords
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hershygreenwood.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by HershyGreenwood »

Thanks for the insightful review - the book sounds like an interesting read. The setting reminded me of another book, The Seventh Scroll by Wilbur Smith but I can guess from your review, the plot is a bit different. If you haven't read it The Seventh Scroll already, you could - have a feeling you'll enjoy it.
maritzaalston
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maritzaalston.html
Latest Review: A Roadmap To Career Success by John G Bendt

Post by maritzaalston »

Okay, so I am new to the forum and I cannot find the link to the review. I can follow the post created by the other members but not the official review. Am I looking for it in the wrong place?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

maritzaalston wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 10:39 Okay, so I am new to the forum and I cannot find the link to the review. I can follow the post created by the other members but not the official review. Am I looking for it in the wrong place?
The review is in the first page, the first post.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Historical Fiction”