Official Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater [February 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Re: Official Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater [February 2019 Book of the Month]

Post by Sandeep Moses »

James and Jack are sent to Egypt for a mission. I am not into historical fiction so I will be skipping this book. I hope historical fiction lovers will enjoy this book. Thanks for the review. Congrats on the BOTD!
honeybear_11001
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybear-11001.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by honeybear_11001 »

I am not a fan of historical fiction. I especially don't like to read about war, which is why im going to pass on reading this book. Congrats on botd. Great review.
Mari Inez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-inez.html
Latest Review: Break by Wes Grant

Post by Mari Inez »

Not my type of adventure, but this review made it sound tempting!
Latest Review: Break by Wes Grant
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your review. I wonder if there will be some new information about the Egyptian pyramids, Sphinx, and Giza.
Vidhi Adhikari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

Since I love historical fiction set during wartime, I'm sure I'll enjoy reading this book. Looking forward to reading about Jacko and Jamie's friendship. Thanks for the detailed review.
Chelsey Coles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsey-coles.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chelsey Coles »

What a glowing review! I am now interested in reading this book because the twist of Egyptian history is exciting. I hope James and Jack can succeed on their mission!
“It's far less important to me to be liked these days than to be understood.” :sad-teareye:
― Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin
Jona00baka
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jona00baka.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Jona00baka »

Great review. Though historical fiction is out of my interest, I like war stories. So, I may consider reading this one.
GNerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnerd.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by GNerd »

A great historical fictional tale laced with suspense and adventure to keep readers turning pages. Congratulations on BOTD!
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

When writers write from the third person point of view, they detach themselves from the story and present things objectively. Thanks for the review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Saurabh Singh 6
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Saurabh Singh 6 »

I always liked movies and books(novels) based on war, and after reading it I am not disappointed , It's perfect to read and the content makes you live the moment of Nazi period.
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

In some instances, war movies thrill me. This, right here is one if them. The storyline is captivating and I loved the fact that it was set in Egypt. Congratulations on the book of the day.
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

This historical fiction book with espionage seems to bring the development of a friendship between James and Jack, who were in the Australian troops that fought the Nazi, and after that they were transferred to Egypt, where some adventures happen. Congrats on BOTD to the author! Thanks for the review!
twinkle09
Currently Reading: Tactile Therapy: Volume One
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twinkle09.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out the Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 1 by Tom Wick

Post by twinkle09 »

I enjoy reading historical fiction. The setting of the story in Egypt with its ancient structures of pyramids adds more suspense to the book. Thanks for a detailed and wonderful review!
Marvellone Linet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Marvellone Linet »

This a great book to read,it reminds of how solders fought for during war for independence....it shows us how our solders are brave out there my salute ....
Wamala Elijah Mul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliwamala.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Wamala Elijah Mul »

Historical fiction author Greg Kater kicks off his series with The Warramunga's War, which follows Australian soldiers as they fight in Syria during World War II to uncover and eliminate German operatives in communication with General Rommel. This series has all the makings of a great read. Well done!
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?
17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

Return to “Historical Fiction”