Official Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maríe Wamakima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamakima.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Re: Official Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Maríe Wamakima »

I am so happy to see that you rated the book 4 out of 4 stars. The author's writing is impeccable and I especially enjoyed the twists and turns that occurred in the book. Her knowledge of ancient Celtic and Roman history is quite expensive. This book is nothing short of amazing.
But the path I’ve chosen has always been the right one, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. :)
Desnetha Croker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Desnetha Croker »

Your review has given me an overview or the entire book, yet leaving a cliffhang. This cliffhanger is what has left my mind wondering and ready to know what happens. The mystery you drive connecting two ancient traditions, the thought of wanting to visit Brittinia to visit the trail mentioned I the book. To know that there is series as well helps to settle the mind knowing there is a lot more to know.
Howlan
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading: War Graves
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-howlan.html
Latest Review: The Soviet Comeback by Jamie Smith

Post by Howlan »

Looks like a great historical historical novel. Great premise and fantasy fiction. Thanks for recommending this book.
Nonso Samuelson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-samuelson.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Nonso Samuelson »

I like the storyline but I think I should start with the first book in the series. Great review!
La Cabra
Currently Reading: Jag är Zlatan
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-la-cabra.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by La Cabra »

Your review gives me the impression that the author has really done their history homework for this story. I've never read a book about a clash between the Celtics and the Romans, and to be honest I didn't even know there ever was one! I do love history, but my European history is quite poor haha. I might like to pick this up when I'm the mood for historical fantasy. Thanks for your review!
Steven Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steven-samuel.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Steven Samuel »

Spectacular review. I was taken aback by your structure and articulation. The review is quite detailed and concise. Kudos.
Rakiyah_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Rakiyah_ »

I was hooked from the first line of this review: King Amren of the Cantiacci Celtic warriors warns his youngest daughter: “Water and earth can only meet at the shore.” Such an apt way to be forewarned.
Thanks for the great review, it makes me eager to read this compelling tale of romance, politics, culture, friendships and magic.
Hansome Menekara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hansome-menekara.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Hansome Menekara »

Your review is so thorough. I can only wish to come up with something like this
Kaylee Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-samuel.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Kaylee Samuel »

This is a great review. I want to read all the books in the series. I can't wait to join the author on a journey through Brittania and watch the events unfold.
Paavni Jain
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Paavni Jain »

Your review of "Dagger’s Destiny" by Linnea Tanner is comprehensive and insightful, providing a thorough exploration of the novel's strengths. You effectively capture the essence of the story, emphasizing its historical fantasy elements and the intricate interplay of Roman and Celtic cultures.

Your praise for the author's professionalism, writing talent, and meticulous attention to detail adds credibility to the review. Your acknowledgment of the well-researched and organized nature of the book, along with its exquisite editing, highlights the author's commitment to delivering a high-quality reading experience.

The analysis of the mythological references, mystical experiences, and cultural contrasts between the Romans and Celts demonstrates a deep engagement with the narrative. Your recognition of the complex characters, including strong portrayals of secondary characters, showcases the depth of the storytelling. The incorporation of magical elements, such as Catrin's powers and the symbolism of the raven, adds layers to the overall reading experience.

Your mention of unexpected twists and turns, well-executed battle scenes, and the exploration of various themes ranging from love and loyalty to political intrigue enriches the review. Additionally, your recommendation to read the entire series enhances the appeal for potential readers.

Overall, your thoughtful and detailed review is a testament to the book's quality and the author's storytelling prowess. It effectively communicates the richness of the narrative, making it a compelling recommendation for those seeking a complex and exciting historical fantasy series. Well done!
Brittany Arendse
Currently Reading: Children of Dune (Dune, #3)
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittany-arendse.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Brittany Arendse »

Historical fiction is not really my genre of choice but storyline seems interesting. The lovestory underlying the narrative also appears to be a timeless one. Thanks for the thorough review.
LOkeswar24
Currently Reading: Nimue
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by LOkeswar24 »

have recently added Apollo's Raven to my racks, it's basically impossible that I can sidestep this one. The surveys score the series exceptionally and I'm keen on every one of the different get over classifications so I think I'll be completely fulfilled.

Great job on the audit. It's extremely intensive and supportive.
Juma Florence
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juma-florence.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
Signature Addition: Juma. Official Reviewer Representative

Post by Juma Florence »

Dagger's Destiny is a medieval fantasy filled with political intrigue and mystical elements. The author builds upon the foundation laid in the first book, further developing the complex world of clans and kings. Thanks for the wonderful review
Juma. Official Reviewer Representative
Sannidhi T S
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sannidhi T S »

Wow, that's quite an intense and dramatic scene from "Dagger's Destiny"! It seems like Princess Catrin is facing a lot of challenges and making some tough decisions to save her father. The description of the wounds and the atmosphere in the cave really drew me in. I wonder what happens next!
Sannidhi T S
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sannidhi T S »

Wow, that's quite an intense and dramatic scene from "Dagger's Destiny"! It seems like Princess Catrin is facing a lot of challenges and making some tough decisions to save her father. The description of the wounds and the atmosphere in the cave really drew me in. I wonder what happens next!

Return to “Historical Fiction”