Official Review: No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lisamariephillips
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Official Review: No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

Post by lisamariephillips »

I enjoyed your review more than I enjoyed the sample I read. I love historical fiction, with emphasis on Biblical Fiction. I could not truly enjoy the sample, so I thank you for the thorough review, giving me the chance to see if I missed anything by not downloading the rest.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

An educational read (from Christian perspective) like this is worth reading. Not only it will evoke empathy towards the children but also you will be able to learn about forgiveness.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mamatyler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamatyler.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mamatyler »

Viewing life from a beggars perspective is quite an eye-opener. I would also enjoy Zachary's search for Jesus and how he found healing and forgiveness. Your review is well written and precise. I am a follower of Jesus, so this book is right up my alley. Thank you.
_Delly_01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delly-01.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by _Delly_01 »

This is sounds like a heartwarming read. Well, I hope it is. I've never read a Christian fiction dealing with the slavery of children, and it's usually been about the rise and crucifixion of Jesus, instead. I'm going to read the sample now.

Thank-you for your engaging review.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Although not at all a religious person, I am fairly intrigued about the intricate stories and the educational aspects of the book. I will put it in my to-be-read list. Thanks for the review!
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

It seems like a great book. A Christian fictional story that highlights the teachings of Jesus is worth reading. Thanks for the review.
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson reminds me of another book, The Christ Commision, wherein the main characters' lives are intertwined with that of Jesus when He was on earth, preaching the Good News of Salvation, healing the sick, and talking about love, forgiveness and the eternal life. While Christ Commission is about a man who doubts Jesus' resurrection and is zapped back in time to see for himself what really happened, this book is about how Jesus' life transforms those of several child-beggars during his time. Both books are about the test of one's faith in Jesus and bearing witness to Jesus' existence and the truth in his promises. I'm glad to learn from prospero360's review that R W Nelson provides additional writings about, and from the the Scriptures to help readers deepen their understanding of the New Testament, which covers Jesus' time on earth, and his teachings.
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

I like the review of this Christian-fiction book about historical views and friendship including tales of Jesus in an educational viewpoint. I agree with the book being rated with a 4 out of 4 stars.
Kschave
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kschave »

How interesting! Generally I'm not a fan of religious fiction, but reading a story about Jesus from the perspective of the beggar children might be worth reading.
silvaharon
Currently Reading: The Mask of Perpetuity
Bookshelf Size: 563
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvaharon.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by silvaharon »

An educational Christian fictional account with theme of friendship with an appropriate choice of character
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

Zachary's story, though full of pain as a slave, is one filled with hope and many lessons e.g. finding true happiness through forgiveness. I will add it to my to-read list.
Cardinalsparrow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cardinalsparrow.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Cardinalsparrow »

Christian books are always inspiring. I like the plot of the book and how it speaks about the works of Jesus. Thanks for the review.
Some books are to be tasted , others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested-- Francis Bacon
nuzhat05

Post by nuzhat05 »

This will be my first book on historical fiction, as a young child in a missionary school i read many short stories about miracles of Jesus. According to the review, it seems like an extended and elaborate story of finding Jesus and the meaning of life. it will definitely be a good read.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

More than the Christian story, I love how this book talks about friendship and forgiveness more than anything. I'll definitely add this in my TBR. Thanks.
Kasuto kirito

Post by Kasuto kirito »

What a wonderful book indeed! It really touch the heart of the one who's reading it and i felt the love of Jesus Chriat in me 👍😇

Return to “Historical Fiction”