Review of Hope Dose

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-amarachi-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Operation November Blizzard by Stephen Snow (penname)

Review of Hope Dose

Post by Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hope Dose" by Safana Abdullah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book is filled with several messages, mostly on hope, dreams, and goals. There were other messages, but the author, Safana Abdullah, focused more on the aforementioned. The first chapter of the book talked about people and kindness basically. There is another poem that talks about the effects of war on mothers. She talks about how these women felt when they lost their children to the war. Another chapter talked about dreams, and another dealt with goals. The author tries to encourage people to always try to achieve their dreams no matter what happens. There are several other chapters in this book that talk about several themes and pass a lot of messages and lessons across.

One thing I love about this book is its simplicity. The book was written in clear and simple English. While I read this book, I didn’t refer to my dictionary for any words. I understood all the terms used in this book. I love the messages in this book. Before starting this book, I had a dream which I thought was going to be impossible to achieve, but after reading this book, I feel energized, or, should I say, very motivated and encouraged to pursue my dreams. I am glad to say that I learned a lot from this book because each chapter passed a lesson or message to me. I learned about friendships and how I can’t be happy without having a friend in my life. I learned how to determine the people I can call my friends from the various people I know.

Another thing I loved about this book was the pictures attached to the beginning of each chapter. Safana tried to use a picture that would pass the same message that the particular chapter was all about. This book doesn’t have chapters like every other book; rather, it has a quote or write-up that matches the topic the author wants to talk about. So, before I even read the contents of a particular chapter, I already knew what the chapter was all about because of the heading. I love how Safana dedicated some chapters of this book to her readers. These chapters were the ones that actually motivated and built the confidence I now have in myself to achieve my dreams.

One thing I didn’t like about this book was that Safana used ellipsis almost at the end of each of her points or message. I didn’t like it because I feel a full stop would have been much more appropriate. Other than this, this book was beautiful and motivational.

I found a few errors in this book. Therefore, it was professionally edited. Hence, I rate Hope Dose by Safana Abdullah a solid 4 out of 4 stars. I didn’t deduct a star I feel the negative aspect I mentioned is Safana's style of writing. The ellipsis didn’t in any way interfere with my reading. I gave it this beautiful rating because of the positive aspects I stated above. I recommend this book to people who have lost the zeal to accomplish their dreams and to those who feel like their dreams or goals cannot be achieved because they are too big. They would appreciate this book so much. Also, people who have already achieved their dreams or are on the way to doing so aren’t left out.

Hope Dose
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nina Vanderbilt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nina-vanderbilt.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Nina Vanderbilt »

I am from Bosnia and the topics of war and mothers touch me a lot. The war in Bosnia killed a lot of people, many mothers lost their sons. It's hard to talk about that, but every person lost somebody during that time...

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”