Review of Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Review of Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles" by Sandra mayfield.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life's Ecstacy and Eternal Struggles by Sandra Mayfield is a collection of poems carved from insecurities and personal experiences. The collection of poems has no specific patterns or flow and tells stories relating to their titles, and as an obvious ending, each ends with the wordings of the title.

Life's Ecstacy and Eternal Struggles consists of about 117 pages. There are 30 poems in this collection, and one thing that unites all the poems is the feeling of fragility. The poet connects with one's frail side when she speaks on the loss of pigmentation(vitiligo), gestation, friendship, solemnity, and family. The poems have one stanza, but each may have a different number of lines. I liked the page designs the poet added to make the book more presentable.

My favorite poem in this book is "A Woman's Child." It's about the bond between a child and a mother, from the womb until years after birth. Although the changes of adolescence may come, and there might be slight friction between them, a child will always love the mother. I dislike nothing in this book except that I think some of the poems lack melody. Anyway, most were great, and I enjoyed reading all the poems.

I believe everyone will admire the book's title, its cover design, and the arrangement of the poems within the space given after each page. As the title suggests, the poet picks out happy and hopeful events and life's struggles, which cause a lack of confidence in many individuals in society. One peculiar thing I didn't expect was the poem "Black to White," where a character wonders what will happen as her skin loses its color. The change seemed to have affected her physically and mentally, as she does not know if society will accept her or if she looks more like a zebra. Before now, I didn't think it was as serious as this. I'm glad I found this knowledge. Life's Ecstacy and Eternal Struggles is exceptionally edited. There were no grammatical, typographical, or punctuation errors.

I rate this book, Life's Ecstacy and Eternal Struggles, five out of five stars. Sandra Mayfield uses a simple style to write her poems, and I believe many will appreciate it. The words seem to come from her heart, and it's quite noticeable as a reader reads through them. I recommend this book to poem lovers, teenagers, and individuals with various emotional and physical struggles.

Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

I have not read this book but through your review I think the book will have a lot to educate the readers. Keep it up.
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

I love poem so much let alone when the poet is constructive in writing. I have to add the book to my bookshelf ASAP, as to read it soonest. Thank you for the review.
Jerry Spencer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-spencer.html
Latest Review: I Said, "I Am A Nun" by June A Ramsay

Post by Jerry Spencer »

I like poems. The flow and rhythm they are written with is just admirable. The poet wrote on issues that really matter in the society in recent times. I would love to see her writing style. Nice review.
Jê hii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnnn-g.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jê hii »

This book is too good. Honestly! I pray it makes it to the book of the day.
Bettny Andrade
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Doomsday Clock by Mark Pearson

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I really like collections of poems, it would be interesting to read this book, if that is how you describe it "from the heart" I like writings that go beyond. Thank you.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”