Review of Colloquy

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Helen Akoth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Review of Colloquy

Post by Helen Akoth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Colloquy" by Alexandria J. Snowdon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Colloquy by Alexandria J. Snowdon is a collection of affirmations, stories, verses, and wisdom, covering a wide range of topics. Some of the topics explored in this 168-page book include nature, history, travel, relationships, the sky, galaxies, ancient civilizations, spirituality, and personal development. Each of them is expertly executed, thanks to the author's evident writing prowess. There is something for all lovers of well-written, inspirational, and thought-provoking prose.

I liked that each prose is short; most can be read within two minutes. This enabled me to focus deeply on them as I tried to ponder their meanings and relevance to my life. Most of them also have direct yet powerful messages; one does not have to think too deeply to understand them. Some prose talked to me directly, and I would consider them my favorites. Examples include "Destiny Guide," which talks about the impact our choices have on our destiny; "First Impressions," which talks about how to create long-lasting first impressions; "The Value of a Smile," which reminds us of the importance of this simple yet powerful social cue; and "Time Tolls," which reminds us of how to take advantage of this unidirectional mystery called time. Apart from that, I liked the author's witty choice of words, and all this enhanced my enjoyment of this remarkable literature piece.

My least favorite aspects of this book were the errors I found in it. This book needs another round of proofreading to make it reach perfection.

Overall, I immensely enjoyed this work. The number of errors influenced my final rating and made me deduct a star to give Colloquy by Alexandria J. Snowdon four out of five stars. If not for the errors, I would have given this wonderful book the highest rating.

I highly recommend Colloquy to fans of inspiring, entertaining, and thought-provoking prose that covers a variety of human-interest themes. On the other hand, the book explores spirituality, but it is not proselytizing or suitable only for an audience of a particular religion. I greatly enjoyed it and look forward to reading more of Alexandria J. Snowdon's books in the future.

Colloquy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kebun Bunga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Kebun Bunga »

The feedback on the review for "Colloquy" by Alexandria J. Snowdon provides a balanced assessment of the book's strengths and weaknesses. The reviewer praises the author's writing prowess, covering a wide range of topics with short yet powerful prose that elicits deep contemplation. The direct and impactful messages in the prose are highlighted, and the reviewer identifies their favorite pieces. However, the presence of errors in the book is noted as a downside that affected the rating. The review rates the book 4 out of 5 stars and recommends it to readers who appreciate well-written, inspirational, and thought-provoking prose across various human-interest themes.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”