Review of Poems from the Heart

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Poems from the Heart

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Poems from the Heart" by Faye Marks.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Poems from the Heart by Faye Marks is a collection of poems that express the melancholic side of human emotions. The author wrote from a place of pain and sorrow after witnessing several losses in her life. The loss that broke the camel's back was the death of her husband. This led her to pen down thoughts and feelings. From her writing, it was evident that she was hurting, and depression was dealing with her. She called on God to help her through the pain in certain parts of the poem.

The book features simple language, which is enjoyable for both poetry lovers and non-lovers. Several people are weary when it comes to poetry because the meanings are always profound and not surface level. However, this author brought poetry to a layperson's level and connected with their pain. Although the imagery was not strong, the beauty of the poems lay in their simplicity.

Although this work of poetry is a collection of the author's thoughts and feelings, it still uniquely speaks to the reader, exposing them to the author's pain. It resonates well with everyone who has had a meltdown from pains that tug them from every side. The ideal audience is anyone going through pain and depression. It will let them know that they are not alone.

One thing I love about poetry that makes it engaging for me is the rhyming schemes. However, the author used a combination of free verse and rhyming schemes (the rhyming schemes were very few, though). Examples of such rhymes are "Lord give me the strength To continue in length" and "My head feels so hazy I feel I'm going crazy."

Due to poetic license, poetry works are usually devoid of errors. Beyond that, there are no errors in this book. There is nothing to dislike in this book. Therefore, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars.

Poems from the Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jeff Kanda
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

I love poems and I think this one will be a great read. Thanks for the detailed review!
Subrata Roy 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Subrata Roy 1 »

Poem always comes from the core of the heart it may comes from happiness or from the deep pai. Of love.poem express the emotion of heart.i think no one of this world did not write a single line of poem in life.each and everyone in the world writes single line of poem.
Rica Concepcion
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Rica Concepcion »

This poet is so full of emotion. I understand what it's like to lose a loved one. I'll purchase a copy of this book since I can relate to her. A nice and appealing review.
Onwueme john
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onwueme-john.html
Latest Review: That's what Ed said by U A Dumas

Post by Onwueme john »

Interesting review

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”