Review of Each Day Holds Some Small Joy

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The Road To Weight Loss by Oliver James

Review of Each Day Holds Some Small Joy

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Each Day Holds Some Small Joy" by Lynda McKinney Lambert.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Each Day Holds Some Small Joy by Lynda McKinney Lambert is a poetry book based on a collection of haiku-style poems. These poems are the author's own, intimate reflections on life from a Christian perspective. 

Haiku is a traditional form of Japanese poetry that often focuses on nature and the emotions or thoughts that nature inspires. The author uses subtle elements of nature in her poetry to describe her feelings, which are lost, forgotten, or invisible. She has emphasized that faith in God guides her through every aspect of her life. In her peaceful prayer garden, using her firsthand experience of nature, she wrote poems. As the title of the book suggests, she finds joy every day when she is surrounded by vibrant elements of nature. 

I have read poetry books before, but this is the first time I am reading haiku-style poetry. Some of her poems touched me deeply. In her poems, the words are few, but the impact is huge. For example, here is one of my favorite poems from this book:

watering flowers 

like rivers in a desert,

refreshing my soul.

These lines carry a deep meaning. It uses the simple act of watering flowers to illustrate a deep emotional experience. By comparing this act to rivers revitalizing a desert, the poem highlights the transformative and nourishing power of nurturing nature. Ultimately, it suggests that such simple acts can profoundly refresh and rejuvenate one's soul, celebrating the connection between human well-being and the natural world. This is the power of Haiku. 

I liked this book a lot. I got to discover how many small moments of joy can be derived from reading this form of poetry. There were several poems with which I could connect on a personal level because of my love for nature. Maybe I will have my own garden in the future if I can afford the time required to maintain it. The editing of the book is professional and flawless.

There is nothing to dislike about this book. Those who like reading poetry will appreciate what a gem this is. Because I also like writing poetry, reading this book was a breeze for me. 

I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I have rated it perfectly, as there is nothing to dislike about this poetry book from my point of view. I recommend this book to people who love reading or writing poetry and to those who appreciate the art and are willing to give it a try. It will give you a little bit of joy every day when you read it.

Each Day Holds Some Small Joy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Leona Rodrigues
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leona-rodrigues.html
Latest Review: Mishaps of Marvelouz Witch by Karen Fronterhouse
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Leona Rodrigues »

The review is beautifully written, highlighting all the positives and negatives in detail! I might consider reading this piece in the future as the book sounds interesting!
You may not be the center of the entire world, but you are the center of your own world.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”