Review of What The Dogs Tell Me

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abraham Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: Dyson's Destiny by C R Siemon

Review of What The Dogs Tell Me

Post by Abraham Ozo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "What The Dogs Tell Me" by Rose Lesniak.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

What the Dogs Tell Me by Rose Lesniak is a heartwarming collection of poems that celebrate the bond between humans and their canine companions. Rose explores the various facets of life with dogs, from the joy they bring to the sorrow of their eventual departure.

The poems in this collection are filled with vivid imagery and rich language that capture the essence of what it means to love a dog. Rose's love for these animals shines through in every word, as she paints a portrait of the unique and unconditional love that dogs offer their human counterparts. Each poem is a testament to the profound impact that dogs have on our lives.

When reading through the collection of poems, Rose's love for these loyal companions shines through each verse and stanza. The way she intricately weaves words together to capture the essence of a dog's loyalty and unwavering companionship is truly remarkable. In every poem, there is a deep sense of admiration and respect for the unique bond between humans and dogs. Her descriptions are vivid and heartfelt, painting a vivid picture of the joy and comfort that dogs bring into our lives. It is evident that Rose's love for dogs is not just a passing sentiment but a deep-rooted appreciation for the unique bond that exists between humans and their canine companions. This collection of poems is a heartfelt tribute to the joy, comfort, and companionship that dogs bring into our lives.

The poem "Dog Slaves" made a strong impact on me, as it brought attention to the unfortunate reality of dogs being mistreated. It is heartbreaking to think about the suffering that some dogs endure due to neglect, abuse, or other forms of maltreatment. This poem serves as a powerful call to action, urging readers to take a stand against such cruelty. It is essential that we do something about this issue. By spreading awareness and actively working to prevent the maltreatment of dogs, we can contribute to creating a more compassionate and humane society.

While I enjoyed most of the poems in this collection, which were fun and well-written, two poems, "Martha" and "Positive, Positive, Positive," did not follow the normal poetic patterns. They made it hard for me to understand what the author was trying to say, causing confusion. I don't know if it was the author's style, but the two poems detracted from the cohesiveness and clarity of the overall work.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because it is exceptionally edited and because Rose's words are a testament to the special bond between humans and their furry friends and the joy and comfort they bring to our lives. This book is a must-read for dog lovers everywhere and a perfect companion for anyone who has ever been touched by the love of a dog.

What The Dogs Tell Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kelechi Osoka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Kelechi Osoka »

Nicely done
Olivier Muhammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivier-muhammad.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olivier Muhammad »

This review highlights "What the Dogs Tell Me" by Rose Lesniak as a heartwarming collection of poems celebrating the bond between humans and dogs. According to the reviewer, the author's love for dogs is evident in every word, and the vivid imagery captures the joy and sorrow associated with these loyal companions. The review also mentions a powerful poem addressing the mistreatment of dogs, urging readers to take action. Overall, this book is highly recommended for dog lovers looking to appreciate the special connection between humans and their furry friends. Intriguing mystery, kept me guessing until the end.
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshua-sawders.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Joshua Sawders »

Well, I reckon this book sounds like a paw-some read for all us dog lovers out there. With heartwarming poems that celebrate the bond between humans and canines, it's bound to make us feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Though there were a couple of confusing poems, overall it seems like a well-edited and touching collection. So, if you ask me, this book is definitely worth a wag of the tail! Inspiring message, left me feeling uplifted.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”