Review of The Sound Of Broken Wand

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dheera Kalota
Currently Reading: The Golden Manuscripts: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dheera-kalota.html
Latest Review: Champagne Widows by Rebecca Rosenberg

Re: Review of The Sound Of Broken Wand

Post by Dheera Kalota »

The Sound Of Broken Wand by Tiki Black seems like a book for poetry lovers. I am not a big fan of poetry. But congratulations to author.
Ad astra per aspera
Annabell Samuel
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annabell-samuel.html
Latest Review: Fouling in Business and College Athletics by Gonzalo Fernandez

Post by Annabell Samuel »

I've always known that poetry and music have a meeting point. However, not all poets can fuse poetry with music. I believe that Black's musical background played a huge role in this book. I can't wait to start enjoying the entirety of this poetry collection.
Nabweteme Gloria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nabweteme-gloria.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Nabweteme Gloria »

Thank you for your wonderful review of "The Sound Of Broken Wand" by Tiki Black! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the blend of poetry and music, and your favorite poems like "In the Arms of Morpheus" and "The Captor and the Key." Your kind words about the book’s presentation and depth mean a lot. Happy reading!
Diksha Sharma 20
Currently Reading: The Vampire Diaries
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Diksha Sharma 20 »

The detailed and well though out review of "The Sound Of Broken Wand" by Tiki Black, appreciated. Through the analysis of themes and when you put music side by side with the poem, you are able to create a clear image of what readers are looking forward to. I would like to point out that I welcome the fact that you focused on several poems in particular like "In the Arms of Morpheus," "The Captor and the Key," and "Reflections", so that the potential readers could have a try to employ the diversity and depth of the works.
Revathy Prabakaran
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revathy-prabakaran.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Revathy Prabakaran »

Until now, I didn't get into the book consists of poetry and music. "The Sound of Broken Wand" by Tiki Black sounds good to me to enter into the new world of reading about poetry and music. Congratulations on the BOTD. Thank you for this pleasent review.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1470
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Today's BOTD combines poetry and song into a beautiful journey of emotion, expression, and self-discovery. Filled with lyrics from her sophomore album, Black captures readers attention right from the start and invites them to see the world through her eyes. I've added this to my WTR list...your review was wonderful! Thank you! :-)
Suvra Nandi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Suvra Nandi »

Thank you for your review of "The Sound of Broken Wand" by Tiki Black. Your detailed analysis of the poetic themes and the integration of musical elements highlights the unique depth of this collection. I appreciate your insights into standout poems like "In the Arms of Morpheus," "The Captor and the Key," and "Reflections," which seem to resonate powerfully with readers. Your mention of the book's aesthetic presentation, from font choices to captivating visuals, adds to its allure. The complexity of the figurative language and the overall impact of the poems are well noted, and your commendation of its flawless editing and minimal profanity is reassuring. Your 5 out of 5 stars rating and recommendation for both poetry and music enthusiasts make this book sound like a must-read. Thank you for sharing!
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: A Killer Within by Rosemarie B. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

This review beautifully captures the essence of "The Sound of Broken Wand" by Tiki Black, highlighting the seamless integration of her musical background with her poetic expressions. The detailed analysis of specific poems like "In the Arms of Morpheus" and "The Captor and the Key" underscores the emotional depth and thematic diversity of the collection. The reviewer’s appreciation for the book's aesthetic presentation and the thoughtful inclusion of musical notes and visuals further illustrates the unique experience this book offers. The commendation of its flawless execution and the anticipation for Black's future works make it clear that this collection is a must-read for both poetry and music lovers.
Tomi Ahmed
Dimple Mangla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Dimple Mangla »

---

Thank you for such a thorough and insightful review of "The Sound of Broken Wand" by Tiki Black. The detailed analysis of the themes and the integration of musical notations into the poetry highlights the unique and multifaceted nature of Black’s work. Appreciation for specific poems like "In the Arms of Morpheus," "The Captor and the Key," and "Reflections" showcases the emotional depth and personal resonance of her writing. It’s wonderful to hear how the book’s aesthetic presentation, from font choices to visuals, adds to its allure.

The commendation of the collection’s impact, despite its use of figurative language, and the flawless execution is encouraging. As a fellow poetry enthusiast, your recommendation has certainly piqued my interest. I look forward to experiencing the poetic and musical harmony Tiki Black offers. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!

---
Fatola Fatai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatola-fatai.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke

Post by Fatola Fatai »

I'm enjoy how Black blended poetry with musical notations, creating an immersive experience which resonates deeply with those attuned to both art forms.
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Last Rhino: An African Wildlife Adventure by David Mark Quigley

Post by Seetha E »

Thank you for the helpful review. I really liked the overall visual appeal, both on the cover and inside. The highlighted piece "Reflections" is masterfully written. The prejudiced and entitled judging mentality often fails to see within and consequently lacks compassion. Bookmarked for future reading. Warmest congrats to the writer for today's BOTD and the well-earned 5-star rating.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 249
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Mission by Tara Basi

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

The poems seem to have greater depth because of the metaphors used in them. The images and music add to the presentation's originality.
Srishti Maurya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Srishti Maurya »

"Tiki Black's 'The Sound of the Broken Wand' flawlessly combines a twilight-like ambiance with lyrics that are completely of this world. "From evoking melancholia and hope to painting emotional scenes, each tune creates this surreal atmospheric space where one's only solitude may be music. Black voices survived in harmony here with the skillful instruments that together form a work of art that can be felt long after its noise has stopped. Starting with the authentic sadness of ‘Broken Wand’ and ending in the uplifting crescendo of ‘Resilience’, the album displays Black’s latitude as a singer and the storyteller. "The Sound of the Broken Wand" is a musical travel that is aching and at the end it leaves a deep impression, but we have not the same fold, this is a balm and a drive, too.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Fugitiva
Bookshelf Size: 2422
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: An Unlamented Death by Mary Adler
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I can't read music, but I love it when writers add a second layer of depth by mixing two art forms. It's usually visual art and, in this case, a third layer. Tiki Black found a fascinating way to reimagine poetry. Thank you for your review.
Rajaee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajaee.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Rajaee »

Poetry has always been my thing, not only to read but also to write my own. I will definitely consider reading this.
Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”