Review of Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza by Abraham Garcia

Review of Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza" by Abraham Garcia.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza by Abraham Garcia is a book of poems that describe how love is similar to the beauty and power of nature. Imagine sitting in a beautiful park with someone you love. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and you feel completely at peace. This is how the poet sees love: as something natural, comforting, and always present. I had a different view of love and nature after reading this book.

This book contains lots of poems, but I was drawn to the poem titled "Tree." In this poem, the poet beautifully describes how love is like a tree. This poem starts by comparing love to a tree that gets nourished when water hits its leaves. This means that, just like water helps a tree grow, love helps a person feel alive and grow emotionally. The poet then says that love is like a tree that produces sweet and brilliant fruit, suggesting that love brings joy and sweetness to life. This poem also talks about how a tree provides shade on a hot day, meaning that love offers comfort and relief during tough times. The poet also mentions that a tree with birds perched on its branches brings satisfaction, just like love brings happiness and contentment. This is a therapeutic and very relaxing poem. This book will make you appreciate love and nature. I wish the poems never had an end.

One major positive of this book is how the poems connect love with nature. For instance, in the poem "Tree," the author compares love to a tree that provides shade and nourishment. This comparison makes it easy for readers to understand how love can bring comfort and help us grow emotionally, much like how a tree supports life. And this connection would help readers understand what love truly means. Another positive is the universal appeal of the poems. They are written in both English and Spanish, making the book accessible to a wider audience. This bilingual approach allows more people to enjoy and relate to the poems. This book also talks about self-love, which is very important to building high self-esteem. This book stands out for its relatable themes, bilingual presentation, positive messages, flawless editing, and simple yet evocative writing style.

The challenge of this book was that the poems compare love to different aspects of nature, which, while beautiful, can start to feel a bit similar after reading several of them. For example, poems like "Tree," "River," and "Garden" all use nature imagery to describe love, which might seem repetitive to some readers.

I didn’t find any errors in this book, even though I found a challenge that wouldn't affect the rating due to the strengths of the positive. Therefore, this book deserves five out of five stars, following all that has been said. I would recommend this book to lovers of bilingual books and poems.

Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”