Review of Finding My Wings

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohmy Book
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohmy-book.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Re: Review of Finding My Wings

Post by Ohmy Book »

This review is an absolute gem! It's so thorough and heartfelt, capturing the essence of Sandra Leon-Gonzalez's poetry collection beautifully. I love how the reviewer delves into the themes, poetic devices, and societal impact of the book while also appreciating its accessibility and editing quality. And giving it a perfect five-star rating speaks volumes about its quality. It's the kind of review that would make any author proud and any potential reader eager to pick up the book.
Niyti Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Niyti Sharma »

I appreciate your thorough review! Your analysis has sparked my curiosity, and I am eager to begin reading the book. Your review has persuaded me to add this book in my reading list. The book contributes to social justice and personal causes.
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

Although the poetry was deep and meaningful, I felt an emotion of optimism, I was never completely despondent. I recognise that she describes aspects that are negative, yet on reading them, there is the knowledge that these matters can be addressed and put right.
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: A Killer Within by Rosemarie B. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

Your review of Sandra Leon-Gonzalez's poetry collection, "Finding My Wings," is both eloquent and insightful. You've effectively highlighted the thematic depth of the book, ranging from personal evolution to social justice issues, and praised the author's skillful use of poetic devices. Your appreciation for the book's contribution to noble causes and the attention to detail in editing is evident. Your recommendation and thorough assessment make a compelling case for readers to explore this impactful work. Well done!
Tomi Ahmed
Abhishek Kumar Gupta
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhishek-kumar-gupta.html
Latest Review: Finding my Reflection by Frederick Mulae
2024 Reading Goal: 365
2024 Goal Completion: 27%

Post by Abhishek Kumar Gupta »

Thank you for your detailed and thoughtful review of Sandra Leon-Gonzalez's poetry collection, "Finding My Wings." Your insights into the themes and poetic devices used throughout the book provide a clear picture of its impact on readers. It's great to see how the different sections resonated with you, especially "What It Is to Persevere." Your praise for the book's contribution to addressing personal and societal issues, as well as the use of poetic devices and editing quality, highlights its strength as a poetic work. Your five-star rating and recommendation will surely help others looking for meaningful poetry to consider picking up this collection.
Diana Okweto
Currently Reading: Sock Lobsters
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Diana Okweto »

After reading your review, all that goes through my mind is: “ I am embracing a life’s mission and commitment to focus on character and individuality, because it’s only by stripping away stereotypes and the pre-judgement of bigotry can we truly find excellence in ourselves and others. I am chosing a path of inclusion where love can be utilized as the life boat to rescue us all.”

Reading this review from you actually makes me know and feel better that I am not the only one going through situations like the author put out. That I can be ME without changing who I am. Comfortably and happily. I will definitely re read and recommend this book. Loved it.
Ankitg Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ankitg-yadav.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Ankitg Yadav »

The theme that really sticks out to me is the inspirational messages focused on self-love, acceptance, and living life to the fullest in "Life," “Freedom Trail," “Truth Stands," “Embrace the Gift," “I Am She,” and so many more.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Silo 42: Deception by Zev Paiss
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 660%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

It is a beautiful collection. I appreciate the effort to speak up about important topics such as justice, freedom, and gender equality.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
abderrahman El achari
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abderrahman-el-achari.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 33
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by abderrahman El achari »

The book "Finding My Wings" by Sandra Leon-Gonzalez is a collection of poetry that talks about love, freedom, sadness, depression, self-development, and more. Good review :techie-studyinggray:
my regards
abderrahman El achari
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abderrahman-el-achari.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 33
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by abderrahman El achari »

The book "Finding My Wings" by Sandra Leon-Gonzalez is a collection of poetry
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joule-mwendwa.html
Latest Review: Out of the Uniform, Back into Civilian Life: No Nonsense Veterans Benefits Guid by Jason Pike

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Thanks for a free copy! I am a fan of content that challenges my thinking and poerty is one of those. I can't wait to discover the authors thoughts on the perseverance issue and life in general. Congratulations to the BOTD author!
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela
AkashTyagi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akashtyagi.html
Latest Review: The Advent of Time by Indignus Servus

Post by AkashTyagi »

This useful review gives a clear and succinct assessment of Sandra Leon-Gonzalez's poetry collection, "Finding My Wings." The critic highlights the book's various themes and appreciates its contribution to personal development, social justice, and noble causes. The use of poetic elements and the enticing use of pictures contribute to the book's popularity. The review gives it a five-star rating with no suggestions for improvement. Overall, the review is adequate and should encourage those interested in poetry that addresses personal and societal themes to add this book to their library.
Fatola Fatai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatola-fatai.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke

Post by Fatola Fatai »

The book's contribution to social justice and its call for action against issues such as gun violence, racial discrimination, and environmental degradation highlights the collection's relevance and impact beyond personal introspection.
Timothy Rucinski
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Cannoli Caper
Bookshelf Size: 624
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: By The Rivers of Babylon by Mary Glickman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 46%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

I'm not too keen on poetry books, so I'm not the right audience for this book. But the verses are nicely done, and the photographs are spectacular. Congrats to Ms. Leon-Gonzalez on her achievement.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 206
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

Your review describes a book of poetry that I want to take the time to read. Thank you for listing the titles of some of the poems. This has piqued my interest in reading the book. I want a world with inclusiveness, social justice, and no violence. This book is an inspiration to strive towards these goals.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”