Review of A Song on the Road Home

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Independence Corrupted by Charles Benjamin Schudson

Re: Review of A Song on the Road Home

Post by Harty Muli »

I like this novel because of the poems relating to nature and spirituality. Thanks for the review.
O-Brian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-o-brian.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by O-Brian »

I enjoy poetry! The musicality, the simplicity, the creativity, to name a few, always leave me in awe! I appreciate the message of love, loss, intimacy, spirituality, peace, etc. that A Song on the Road Home presents. I look forward to diving into this work! Congrats on the BOTD.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 703
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 71%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

"A Song on the Road Home" by H.N. Lawrence is a collection of delightful poetry focused on her course of spiritual seeking. Some of the poems are very personal due to her own time of loss. Readers should be inspired by the author's love of nature, passion for artistic expression and reflective style. The book includes 113 pages of eloquent poetry. Her spiritual poems cover a wide range of themes including peace, nature, love, sorrow, bliss, intimacy, acceptance and self-exploration. These poems can be viewed as self-help by readers that have suffered a loss of life or a loss of love, be it family, friends or even animals. The official review was very detailed and well written.
Priya Mehta11
Favorite Book: The MISOGI Method
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature, second edition
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-mehta11.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Priya Mehta11 »

Just read the book, and i am delighted by the simplicity with which the poet has put down the heavy feelings of losing someone dear, with such beautiful phrases. The review rightly descibes the book and the magic the poet has created in this collection of poems.
Thabiso Twala
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thabiso-twala.html
Latest Review: Living in Color by Mike Murphy
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Thabiso Twala »

A Song on the Road Home, written by H.N Lawrence is a delightful book that displays the true love of nature. Even though poetry is about creativity and wordplay, the poems in this book have true meaning especially when it comes to life. The introduction of the book shows how one's life can change, especially after experiencing the loss of a loved one or loved one's.

Poetry books are usually sloppy and hard to understand as they contain different content in them. But in this case, you can tell that even though there is a lot of creativity involved, this is a book of real life experiences and feelings. The author went through a great deal of spiritual seeking before writing this book. She changed careers from taking care of animals to artistry through painting but the real art came in the form of this particular book.

This book contains four sections of heartfelt experiences. I did not come across spelling errors but there is one poem I believe, did not have a proper closing. The poem is in the first section. It's titled "Unraveling". The last paragraph goes, "The unquestioning of breathing in and out of" that's how it actually end but I don't that's how it was supposed to end.

But all in all as I deeply enjoyed this poetic book I would give it a 4 out of 4 rating and I recommend it to anyone who is going through different emotions in life as it is not focussed on one feeling but taps into different emotional feelings as a poetry book.
Eriikeoluwa Nimi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriikeoluwa-nimi.html
Latest Review: The Three Heavens by Paul Hitchiner

Post by Eriikeoluwa Nimi »

I love this book already. The title is so catchy. I'm adding it to my Libra straight away. I love the review too. Congratulations on BOTD
Saumya Guptaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saumya-guptaa.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Saumya Guptaa »

The review paints a very vivid picture of what's to be encountered inside this collection. I am not a poetry fan myself, but would definitely recommend people to give it a try.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

My interest has been drawn towards the book by your review. I'd love a soul-calming poetry book and one that can be used for meditation, and this book falls under the category. Congratulations on being the Book of The Day.
Wayne Njoroge
Favorite Book: The Dark Web Murders
Currently Reading: Bloody Redemption
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wayne-njoroge.html
Latest Review: Because He Loved Us by Sharon Williams

Post by Wayne Njoroge »

Poetry is a language of the heart that explores one's perception; offering a vivid picture through imagination. Congrats on being BOTD.
Jeffery Gary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeffery-gary.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Jeffery Gary »

I appreciate the descriptive review. I can see that this is a poetic book in which the author used in expressing her feelings. I really look forward to reading this book because I am a lover of poetry.
Gift Chidex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 224
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gift-chidex.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Gift Chidex »

Im not a fan of poetry but this review is making me think otherwise. I would like to read this book to learn more for myself. Congrats on BOTD
twinkle09
Currently Reading: Tactile Therapy: Volume One
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twinkle09.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out the Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 1 by Tom Wick

Post by twinkle09 »

The reviewer provides encouraging and positive reviews about the book. I would like to read the book. Thanks for the review!
Ifesi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifesi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Ifesi »

This is an interesting review. The author has expressed herself. Congratulations to the author on winning BOTD.
soggy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soggy.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by soggy »

Lawrence is me and I am her.
Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

Great review. Poems are my thing. Congratulations to the author on winning BOTD.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”