Review of Finding My Wings

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Himanshu K Yadav
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himanshu-k-yadav.html
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo

Re: Review of Finding My Wings

Post by Himanshu K Yadav »

I am fond of the fact that every poem deals with life situations and feelings we all go through daily. "Finding My Wings" is uplifting and motivating. This book is without doubt a great read, which I like to read. Congrats on #BOTD
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo
Cristina-Ioana Toader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-ioana-toader.html
Latest Review: The Foundlings and Fisherman from Tumby by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Cristina-Ioana Toader »

What a great review! Thank you! I am not a big fan of poetry, but I definitely enjoyed your analysis.
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by rusyalana »

Poetry is not my cup of tea but I've read the review and the book sounds interesting so I'm sure the book will find its reader. The main idea of the book to never give up and always fight for better EVERYTHING is commendable. Congratulations on becoming BOTD!
Alida Spies
Currently Reading: The Three Card Trick
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alida-spies.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 84%

Post by Alida Spies »

It appears that the author shares things that she is passionate about, when she addresses such issues as personal evolution, loss, social injustice and collective victory. It is great that the variety of personal and societal issues shared makes the book suitable for a wide audience. Readers will also appreciate a contribution to social justice and upholding noble causes. Thank you for the review.
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 448
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A nice collection of poems in the book "Finding My Wings" by Sandra Leon-Gonzalez. The poetry collection addresses a variety of personal and societal issues affecting everyone.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

Thank you for a well-structured and informative review.
This collection of poetry sounds diverse and beautiful.
I like the structure of the three sections in this collection; I like that it is organized and ties into the book's title. The topics covered through poetry are enticing.
Congrats to the author on BOTD!
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee
Nemanja Jankovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 597
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

"Finding My Wings" by Sandra Leon-Gonzalez is a poetry collection. The poems are divided into three parts and are dominated by themes such as melancholy, appeal, and assertion. The poems also deal with themes of personal evolution and social injustice.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 515
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

We as humans share one planet; getting along is pivotal for our survival. I don't enjoy poetry that much, so I will pass on this book, but the author's idea for a better world is beautiful. Thanks for the review!
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Rose Angela
Favorite Author: Lisa Kleypas
Favorite Book: God of Wrath
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 5547

Post by Rose Angela »

"Finding My Wings” is a poetry anthology by Sandra Leon-Gonzalez that has garnered much acclaim. The book is seen as a tribute to the strength of the human spirit. The poems encourage readers to stand up for themselves and others, and envision a world that is more accepting and beautiful.

The author’s prose is characterized by its powerful rhythm and sincere diction. The themes range from the journey towards liberation, discovering wonder in our fleeting existence, or inspiring readers to thrive in spite of hardships, with love being the central theme.
Salome Ogani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat by Michelle Renee Avis

Post by Salome Ogani »

The book's structure into three sections - "What It Is to Persevere," "What It Is to Live and Love," and "What It Is to Be Free" - allows the poet to explore deeply personal themes of struggle, love, and liberation.
Merits Anih
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Uprooted by Peter J. Boni

Post by Merits Anih »

Leon-Gonzalez skillfully wields poetic devices and imagery to pack an emotional punch without needless complexity. The metaphorical use of "truth" to convey resilience in "Truth Stands" is one striking example.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: Totem by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

While celebrating the personal journey, the book does not shy away from confronting harsh societal realities like gun violence, racism, and environmental degradation.
Marina Flisvou
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Frank: The Collection by Tara Basi

Post by Marina Flisvou »

Your recommendation and the high rating you've given make it clear that this is a standout collection, especially for those who appreciate poetry that tackles heavy and important themes with sensitivity and insight. It's wonderful to hear how the book has inspired you and likely many others. Your review will surely encourage more readers to explore these poems and find their own reflections and inspirations within its pages.
Marina
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

Sandra Leon-Gonzalez's "Finding My Wings" is a moving tale of resiliency and self-discovery. Maria, the main character, has a variety of difficulties, such as conflicts over her ethnic identity and expectations from her family. Through the deft integration of themes of love, grief, and pursuing aspirations, Leon-Gonzalez crafts a gripping story that elicits strong emotional responses from readers. The author conveys a potent message of empowerment and hope throughout Maria's victories and setbacks. Beautifully written, the text evokes strong feelings and vivid images that last long beyond the last page. A moving story of bravery and change, "Finding My Wings" is sure to captivate readers.
Amos Osinya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amos-osinya.html
Latest Review: Swallows Also Fall by CR Armeny

Post by Amos Osinya »

Being someone who loves poetry, I will be glad to spare some time to read this poetic book. Experiencing societal matters through poetic articles will surely evoke a desire to change my environment.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”