Official Review: I'll Be Alright, Songs of my Life

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: I'll Be Alright, Songs of my Life

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I'll Be Alright, Songs of my Life" by Dave Lamb.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I'll Be Alright, Songs of my Life by Dave Lamb is a collection of romantic songs and poems about love and relationships. He discusses various aspects of romance and love, highlighting the beauty, peace, and deep emotion that exists between a man and a woman when they fall in love. The writer uses linguistic devices and a simple, casual, and personal tone to create a romantic atmosphere in the text.

The author shares plenty of wonderful romantic songs throughout the book. He begins by writing about the vastness of love, while he also uses colors and numbers to display the romantic love a man has for the woman he loves. The writer also discusses the emptiness and incompleteness of a person without his/her partner, while he also discusses the river of love. Furthermore, the songs in this book explore the loneliness, vulnerability, and grief of people who receive no acceptance for the person they love. The author also shares some of the dreams, thoughts, and visions of people who have fallen in love, while he also defines the meaning of love. He also adds that patience is crucial in love, and he uses linguistic devices to describe the eyes of a person who is loved.

There were plenty of high-quality elements in this collection of songs. More precisely, the author used rhyme and other poetic devices, which add liveliness and excitement to the text. Moreover, Dave Lamb utilized imagery to explore emotions such as love, happiness, forgiveness, and gratitude, thereby creating a romantic atmosphere in the text. What I liked most about this book was that the poems were original, authentic, and unique, meaning that the writer created a personal atmosphere in the text.

Nevertheless, I also encountered several weaknesses in this book. For one, I found plenty of errors throughout the text, which undermined the book’s status, reducing the author’s professionalism. What I disliked most about this book was that the poems were occasionally repetitive and monotonous, which created a boring atmosphere in this collection of poems.

This book is best suited for young men who like reading romantic poems. Men are better suited to read this book because many of the poems are written from a male perspective, as they explore a man’s emotions for the woman he loves. Readers of all religions, including non-religion can read this book.

This book deserves a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I reduced the rating because of the errors and the boring poems in this book. However, a lower rating would be too strict because this book contains beautiful themes, romance, and originality.

I'll Be Alright, Songs of my Life
View: on Bookshelves
Misty20058
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misty20058.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben

Post by Misty20058 »

This sounds like a great book due to its gorgeous themes and originality. I can't wait to read this book but I will keep in mind the errors that you have mentioned. Thanks for the review.
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

This seems like a very special book to me. I would definitely read it someday. Thanks for the amazing review.
Zainabreadsnow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainabreadsnow.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Zainabreadsnow »

I love the themes in this book. Thank you for the review! Can't wait to read this.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”