Official Review: Pandion. by Marcus Dupree

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Official Review: Pandion. by Marcus Dupree

Post by Mindy Conahye »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Pandion." by Marcus Dupree.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Pandion is a book of poetry written by Marcus Dupree. Marcus writes about the different things going on in his life and the importance of pushing through difficult situations. The poems are numbered instead of given a title. It allows the reader to think about what the author is writing about and to draw their own conclusions.

Marcus Dupree's poems cover a variety of topics. He writes about what it is like to be at the bottom. He also talks about how it is when you come into money and all the wrong people start coming around for all the wrong reasons. He expresses how you have the chance to change and accomplish anything as long as you keep trying. His poems make it known that in troubled times, you can either keep going or let circumstances destroy you. He chose to keep going.

Those who enjoy poetry would want to read this book. Those who like books based on the author's experiences would also enjoy reading this book. Some of the poems are inspirational and readers may enjoy that they are uplifting. Readers not big on cussing and slang words would want to skip this book. There is too much of it for the reader to overlook. I wouldn't suggest this book to younger readers because of the cussing.

I enjoyed the different topics the author chose to write about. I also liked that he included photographs in the book. The pictures gave the book a very personal touch. I liked how the author wrote about knowing he had made mistakes, but he had learned from them. It is motivational for those who have struggled from past failures to realize those failures don't dictate who they are in the long run. I found myself liking what the author said in poem number 14. Many times it feels good to let everything out instead of holding it in, but at the same time, it isn't easy to let that happen. I enjoyed reading the author's perspective on the life-changing events he went through. I wasn't a fan of all the slang in the poems. It made it harder for me to understand what he was trying to say in some of the poems. I also could have done without the constant use of swear words.

I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars . There appears to be no spelling errors. There are slang words used throughout the book. There are also many swear words. I took a star away because of it. I understand the author's word choice, but feel he could have made the poems just as meaningful without the cuss words in them. Overall, the poems were interesting and a reflection of the author's viewpoint on a variety of situations. I would read additional books by this author in the future.

Pandion.
View: on Bookshelves
Mac :techie-reference:
Chivdi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chivdi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chivdi »

I tend to be a fan of poetry but hardly read poetry books. Thank you for the wonderful review.
Tablito
Favorite Book: The Mountain and The Goat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tablito.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Tablito »

Marcus has customized the poems by numbering them instead of giving them titles.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”