Official Review: Crashing by Yerusalem L.D.

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Official Review: Crashing by Yerusalem L.D.

Post by Ria710 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Crashing" by Yerusalem L.D..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Crashing by Yerusalem L.D. is the author’s debut collection of poems. There are 33 poems in total. The poems show a vulnerable side of the author. We read about the pain she felt when she was in a toxic relationship and how she became stronger from it.

What I liked about this poem collection was that every poem was personal and told from the heart of the author. This makes it more meaningful when reading it. All the poems were beautifully written; I could vividly picture the scenes the author was describing. Whilst reading, I felt like the author was speaking to me.

I like that the poems are short and simple, this leaves more room for interpretation from the reader. It contains no rhymes, but it does contain repetitions of words which emphasised the author’s feelings. Once you finish reading one of the poems, you just want to move on to the next!

There is a strong theme of heartbreak and betrayal throughout the poems. These are feelings that many people experience but don’t talk a lot about. I’m sure there is a poem in this collection that everyone can relate to. This is one of those books that you can reread multiple times and not get bored.

My favourite poem is ‘Action Word’. I find this poem empowering because it’s about self-love. Throughout the book, we see the author go through many emotions. It’s inspiring seeing her journey through these poems. She becomes stronger emotionally and physically as the poems go on.

There are some important lessons that can be learnt from this. For example, the idea that it’s important to love yourself and put yourself first before others. Also, it’s important to take yourself out of a toxic relationship. There was nothing that I disliked about the book. There are only 54 pages, so it is a quick read.

Overall, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was an enjoyable read. It kept me captivated from start to finish. I can’t wait to see what the author puts out next! There are only two swear words and there are no explicit scenes. I also found no mistakes, so it is professionally edited. I highly recommend it to readers who enjoy reading poems about personal feelings. These poems could also be helpful for people who are in a toxic relationship or people who just got out of a relationship.

Crashing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Eddy E
Currently Reading: In the Meantime
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddy-e.html
Latest Review: Sena's Black Ross by Linda k jones

Post by Eddy E »

This sounds like a great collection of poems. Any good poem is heartfelt,you can be able to relate with the writers feelings.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Poems that are relatable and written in a simple and easy to understand language is just what i love. Thank you for the review.
Kibetpeter001
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kibetpeter001 »

The review makes and creates that urge to read the poem. Poems which are innate have such a driving motive. A good read it seems.
Judith Lloy
Currently Reading: Living Well with Depression and Bipolar Disorder
Bookshelf Size: 187
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judith-lloy.html
Latest Review: Honest Endings by Katherine Cullen

Post by Judith Lloy »

I'm always on the lookout for interesting and evocative poetry. This sounds like a good fit. Thank you for an excellent review!

Code: Select all

Yes, I really do need all these books. 
Atieno Magero
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

Wonderful review! Your review has been helpful and provided me great insight about this book. The poems seem very interesting and relatable.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”