Official Review: Why-R-Us? by Martine Weber

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Official Review: Why-R-Us? by Martine Weber

Post by Beatus »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Why-R-Us?" by Martine Weber.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Today's world is so turbulent, probably like never before. With the current global economic and political situation, the pandemic seems to have added to the already ruined society's way of life. In times like these, what humanity needs is hope for a better future. A future where the world community can meet its challenges with unity, hope, and certainty.

Martine Weber's Why-R-Us? is a beautiful book of poems of hope and positivity. Martine searched her heart as she reflected on the crumbling world around her. She noticed the sorrow, loneliness, and panic of millions in isolation because of the pandemic. This book is a beautiful composition of different poems that touch the heart and provide hope.

The author went deeper and even looked into the blessings that might give strength amidst the current world's misery. Yes, I concur with her. We should all be grateful for the little things that still make us happy and hold us together. Furthermore, we should have faith that we are going to emerge out of this stronger. Martine wants to send a message of hope to separated families, quarantined loved ones, and the unemployed.

As a father and a husband, I understand Martine. I am worried sick for my children, my parents, and everyone else. In my country, Tanzania, the fear is intense because updates and data about the pandemic are unavailable. The author couldn't have picked a better time to compose the poems. The devastation all over the world is just unfathomable.

I liked the book's structure; however, I think the poem's better arrangement would've improved it a lot. I liked the photos and illustrations the most as they gave color and depth to the lyrics. The author spoke from the heart. I felt her. I noticed the sorrow between the lines and the loneliness throughout the pages.

The book is short, only forty-six pages long. I only encountered inconsistent font on page ten, signifying that the author engaged professional editors. However, the mixture of Italian and French languages in the middle of the lyrics made little sense. I believe the author had a reason, but it wasn't clear and thus created confusion. The author's word-choice is excellent, reflecting precisely the feelings inside her while writing the book. I believe all who love poems and, in one way or another, have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic can find solace in the book as I did. Therefore, I rate Martine Weber's Why-R-Us? 4 out of 4 stars.

Why-R-Us?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Drianie »

Kudos to the author for taking the time to write these beautiful poems and spreading a message of hope during these uncertain times. I enjoyed reading your insightful review! I think we can all identify with being worried about the health and safety of our loved ones. Good luck to you and your family, and may you be blessed in this new year!
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

I love reading reviews where the reviewer includes a comment or two about their lives in relation to a book they've read! I'm happy you were able to relate to the poet. Great review!
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

This is beautiful. To think that this will definitely be a heartwarming read in this time is one reason why I'll pick this up. Great review!
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

I love poetry. This book sounds interesting. I would love to read it because the poems send a message of hope and positivity.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Coromandel Dreamin' by Ron Murray

Post by Praise GodWord »

Its been a while I read a poetic book. This one looks good for me.
JazzyHb
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by JazzyHb »

I'm impressed with the deep sense of understanding of author. It's quite visible how much author have love for humanity. This really touched my hearts . I would like to recommend this for you all to must read this . It's a gift for those whoever love hope and positivity and love to spread kindness. :)

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”