Official Review: My Rainbow Coloured Bouncy Ball

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: My Rainbow Coloured Bouncy Ball

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Rainbow Coloured Bouncy Ball" by Christian De Angelo.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My Rainbow Coloured Bouncy Ball by Christian De Angelo is a very short book with a poem about the author’s feelings of sadness, grief, sorrow, and despair. The author uses a very casual, simple, and informal way to communicate his emotions to the reader, employing some poetic techniques to create interest, excitement, and vividness in the text.

The writer begins his poem by asking the reader to listen to him about both his pain and his glory. He asks the reader to listen to his story so that he can be free to express himself without fear of judgment. The poet wants to feel peace and security, as he wishes to be free to be himself with no sham of his identity. Next, he describes an awful moment in his past, exploring his deep sorrow and sadness related to the death of a person he loved and admired. He writes about the tragedy of that night, saying that he thought that moment would last, showing how traumatic and depressing that experience was for him.

I liked some of the book’s elements. More specifically, the book was professionally edited, as I did not notice an objective grammatical error in the text. Furthermore, the writer used rhyme, which in turn added smoothness, creativity, and beauty to the text. What I liked most about this book was that the poet expressed his true emotions vividly, thereby successfully communicating his melancholy and grief to the reader.

Nevertheless, this book also contained a few negative attributes, which downgraded its quality. To begin with, there was little coherence and logic in the text, as the poem was too abstract. In other words, the author confused the reader by failing to paint a clear picture of his situation in the reader’s mind. What I disliked most was that the book was too short, meaning that the author did not adequately develop his ideas, so his imagination was limited.

This book will be liked most by readers of melancholic poems related to themes such as loss, grief, and death. Readers who have lost a loved one will be able to relate perfectly to the writer’s deep sorrow.

In conclusion, I rate this book with 2 out of 4 stars. I did not give this book the lowest rating because it was well edited, emotional, and engaging. I decided not to give the text a higher score since it was irrationally structured and insufficiently developed.

My Rainbow Coloured Bouncy Ball
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”