Official Review: Inspirational Poems For Every Occasion

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Official Review: Inspirational Poems For Every Occasion

Post by LinaMueller »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Inspirational Poems For Every Occasion" by Dr. Charmaine R.Bailey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Inspirational Poems For Every Occasion by Dr. Charmaine R.Bailey is a 29-page book containing dozens of poems on the most diverse topics. It's categorized as "Drama and Poetry," and there is indeed a dramatic hint in almost every verse. The themes covered in these poems are loss of loved ones, marriage, faith, fatherhood, motherhood, incomprehension, among others.

In the About the Author, the reader finds that Dr. Charmaine Bailey has been writing poems since elementary days. Through this book's pages, it is clear that she already has experience in expressing her feelings through poetry. As much as the poems address different themes, what they have in common is that it is possible to observe traces of the author's religiosity in almost all verses.

My favorite poem is "Out of The Storm." In a few verses, it masterfully portrays the overcoming of problems or a bad phase in personal life. Through faith and perseverance, any barrier can be broken down. That's why I like poems: in a nutshell, a message is transmitted efficiently. The prose would need about five pages to say the same thing. This message of love and overcoming is what I most appreciated in the book.

Many people believe that the golden age of poetry lies in the past. Fewer and fewer people are interested in poetry. The likely reasons are many: difficulty to understand, loss of popularity, and cheap sentimentality. I've heard that said, and there is some truth to it; however, poetry remains and will always be one of the most potent expression forms. In this specific case, I do not doubt that poetry was the right vehicle for Charmaine to express her ideas and feelings. So there is not much to criticize here. Perhaps the author should have inserted more poems in the book as it seemed very short. Other than that, there is nothing to criticize regarding the quality of the lyrics.

On the whole, Inspirational Poems For Every Occasion deserves four out of four stars. It's awe-inspiring, invigorating, and touching. There is no reason not to give this book the highest score. Dr. Charmaine Bailey is a blessed, compassionate, and wise woman. These poems are filled with wisdom, love, and religiosity.

This book is much more recommended for Christians as more than half of the poems contain religious messages. I just found one grammatical error, so one can say that the book is professionally edited.

Inspirational Poems For Every Occasion
View: on Bookshelves
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Drianie »

I agree that the author should have included more of her poems in her book since she writes them so well. Hopefully, she will continue to share her beautiful poems with us in the future. I love poetry and appreciate those who keep it alive. Thanks for the great review!
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Post by Praise GodWord »

Poetry at it's best here. I think I will enjoy this book, seeing this review.
La_lama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-la-lama.html
Latest Review: Thriving in the Storm by Bill Murphy

Post by La_lama »

Poetry really has become a lost art. I’d really like to see more books like these. I definitely want to read it. Thank you for the review.
acaccamolla
Currently Reading: Io cammino da sola
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmizza.html
Latest Review: The VD Anthology by Various

Post by acaccamolla »

I agree, poetry isn't dead and I think will never die. What an interesting collection, great review! (Love the Emily Dickinson quote, she's the best)
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Deval Sodha »

Poems are always the best way to express our feelings.
This book consists poems on different feelings.
It sounds to be a great read.
The review is wonderful 👍
Chizioboli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

It is truly a book of poems on everything. I loved that it discussed love and marriage. Great review you've got
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Damian Keyes »

I have great admiration for poetry that speaks for any occassion. And, I do think that poetrybis not given the same respect or notoriety then it had in previous centuries. It's very important for books of poetry like this are still made so that the public can consume it. Thanks for this well-written review!
GreatReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greatreviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by GreatReviews »

I always believe also that poems are usually difficult to understand. However, I wished to give this a try, probably my interest in poems would be heightened
Kulzum
Currently Reading: Still I rise
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kulzum.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Kulzum »

A book on inspirational poems, I look forward to reading it.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”