Official Review: Uncommon Poems Common People

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Official Review: Uncommon Poems Common People

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Uncommon Poems Common People" by T.D. Kruser (Terry Kruser).]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Poetry can express feelings we don't completely understand, but it can be hard to interpret poems when they have various complicated and unusual words. However, I didn't have that problem when I read this book since the author uses simple sentences that we usually hear in daily conversations. Still, he maintained the rhythm and the meaning of the verses. Furthermore, the accessible speeches combined with well-known thoughts about feelings make this book easy and fast to read.

Uncommon Poems Common People by T.D. Kruser (Terry Kruser) is a poetry book that brings the author's perspective and experiences about the themes of love, friendship, sorrow, loneliness, separation, and other thoughts that most of us think about at some point in life. It has six parts named "The Edge," "For the Heart," "From the Heart," "Life Echoes," "More Reflections on The Edge," and "The Rest."

In the beginning, I thought the simple sentences and common structures could produce cliches. Fortunately, I found out I was wrong. Kruser uses brilliant metaphors that the reader can interpret in various manners and verses with inspiring principles that create this unique poetry book. For example, my favorite poem was "Fulfillment," which encourages the reader to love and be kind.

My favorite part of this book was the author's unique writing style. It might be affected by the fact that this book brings poems from the author's youth. However, it wasn't a problem, in my opinion, since the progress culminates in the author's mature and full-blown writing with a more thoughtful and less impulsive style. It was marvelous to see the author's writing style changing according to his life period. He also uses repetitions, rhymes, alliterations, and various other resources to express himself.

I didn't dislike anything in this book. I found only a single typing error that didn't affect my reading, so it seems professionally edited, and I'm not going to lower my rating.

Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It's a thoughtful poetry book that portrays the author's reflections and his maturation as a writer. I recommend it to those people who enjoy short poems about feelings. I also recommend it to readers who usually consider the poetic language too complicated since this volume might change their minds. Nevertheless, I don't recommend it to those people who don't like introspective books since the author approaches various themes with his reflections and experiences.

Uncommon Poems Common People
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
butterflys2020
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by butterflys2020 »

i love poems i can feel them in my soul and heart i just feel like i was once living in the same pain they be living in or even happiness at times that we all be living in, in this day in time.
She-reads+
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by She-reads+ »

Poem are the feelings when words fails is everytime. It expresses unsaid feelings and what a great way to manipulate words into emotions. Poem is of no limits, age and status it comes with different experiences and untold stories since then up to now.
TAYEBWA RODGERS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by TAYEBWA RODGERS »

When i read the poetry.i was really satisfied by the style of writing while using simple lungauge. These poems were so good that everytype and stage of people can read and enjoy them.
Mike Bakala
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Mike Bakala »

I admire the author as I am currently reading the same book, because of the effort he put in trying to share his wisdom and experience for readers to benefit from. This is a lovely review.
Bettny Andrade
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I really liked this book, the evolution of the poems with respect to the author's experiences are remarkable.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”