Official Review: Strands of Struggle by Brenda Christie

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Official Review: Strands of Struggle by Brenda Christie

Post by topdan30 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Strands of Struggle" by Brenda Christie.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strands of struggle by Brenda Christie is a poem and poetry novel. The book contains 56 poems that talked about various themes like love, animal cruelty, the fears of 2020 and lots more.

The author wrote poems on topics like held behind the mask, tangled twister, scars of innocence, torn into the skin, pain of the moon, someone’s love, thirsty minds, I want to breathe, held behind the mask, April 2020 and lots more. Torn into the skin is a poem that talks about the inhumane treatment given to animals by various individuals especially the animal poachers. The author poured out her emotions onto the pages of this book as she put down this poem. This is my favourite of all as it is an issue that is continually neglected by various individuals as animals are hunted into extinction. Scars of Innocence is a poem that talks about sexual abuse. Sexual Abuse is quite rampant in the world as so many people especially children are excessively abused. She used her poem to shed light on the pain the victim had to face bottling up all these hurts and details for so long. This particular poem got to me due to the sensitive nature of the theme of this poem.

The author focuses on a lot of issues and themes which were either base on experience or imaginations. Her poems have different lengths and themes. The poems are so touching and emotional as it allows the reader to reflect about life and various themes of each poem. The book was written with simple sentences and common grammatical structures to make the book appeal to a wide range of readers. Brenda uses figures of speech in some of his poems so that the writers can feel the effects and emotions of these poems. The arrangements of the poems are in stanzas which made the poem flow well. The poem was narrated in the first-person, second-person and third-person perspective in order to allow varying style and emotion all through each poem. All these made me enjoy the poem as I could not stop reading. A good poem always leaves an impact on the reader. This book did just that as each poem did leave me with something to ponder on. This is also something I love about this novel.

I hate nothing in this book as it is filled with emotional and educative poems. Only one error was noticed, and that did not affect my reading. The book was professionally edited.

Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is a poetry book that emits the author’s thoughts, reflections, experiences and imaginations. I will recommend this book to lovers of emotional poems and poetry.

Strands of Struggle
View: on Bookshelves
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

Poems are not quite my thing, but the theme seems relevant. Great review!
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

Do the poetry topics (animal cruelty, fears in 2020, love) have a commonality? Either way, I enjoy poetry since I find it expressive. Thanks for your review.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Sounds like a lovely book. Thanks for this review. poetry writing is always interesting
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I’m beginning to enjoy books with poems in them . Thanks for your review. I enjoyed it
Holly Fleming
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holly-fleming.html
Latest Review: Beyond by Ruth Mitchell

Post by Holly Fleming »

I agree that a good poem always leaves an impact on its reader. The themes of the poems sound engaging, cathartic, and heart-wrenching. Thank you for this review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”