Review of Lunar Cave

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Re: Review of Lunar Cave

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I’m not a fan of poetry. But I can surely give this book a try. Thanks for your review!
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

I usually enjoy poetry, but this collection seems a bit unusual. I agree with your point that the rhyming pattern shouldn't be forced if the meaning of the words becomes unclear.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts in this review.
😌
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Post by Dimi1 »

Dzejn_Crvena wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 07:13 I'm not a huge fan of poetry, but I loved the "novels in verse" that I read recently.
May this book help me appreciate reading poems.
Thank you for your detailed review.
Poetry is always tricky. Thank you for stopping by!
Josephe-Anne wrote: 09 Jul 2021, 03:11 I usually enjoy poetry, but this collection seems a bit unusual. I agree with your point that the rhyming pattern shouldn't be forced if the meaning of the words becomes unclear.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts in this review.
😌
Yep, if you have it, don't force it. It will come naturally. Thank you!
Honest-reviewer wrote: 08 Jul 2021, 06:43 I’m not a fan of poetry. But I can surely give this book a try. Thanks for your review!
Thank you indeed!
Khushboo Barwar wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 17:41 I’m a fan of poetry. I live by it. But I don’t think the forced parts, the unnecessary rhymes would allow me to enjoy it.
Great review!
Yep, if not a fan you probably won't enjoy it. Thanks!
Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 04:51 Poetry is surely very subjective, as art :). It seems like the book managed to deliver, despite its minor flaws. Thank you for your recommendation!
Thank you for your comments!
Chizioboli wrote: 26 Jun 2021, 16:00 Fantastic review. Love it
Thank you!
Ellylion wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 12:17 Amazing review! I love poetry, but without some unnecessary and heavy metaphors. Thank you very much! :)
Thank you so much!
Jagiine wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 16:50 When I write poetry, I almost always feel the need to keep some sort of rhyming scheme and rhythm. It's hard to balance that with finding the right words. Nevertheless, kudos to the author for putting together so many meaningful poems. Thanks for your review!
I always think that it will come naturally; if not why force it? Just write from the soul. Thank you for your words!
Reader-247 wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 15:14 Lunar cave is a nice name for a poetry book. I like your honest review. Thanks :)
Thank you!
Chigo Nwagboso wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 08:52 Thanks for your insightful review and recommendations. I'm not a lover of poetry, but I believe it will interest folk that enjoy this genre.
Yep, but it will probably appeal mostly to 'hardcore' poetry lovers. Thank you!
Kike17 wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 16:36 Interesting analysis. I don't care much for rhymes as well. I just love to enjoy spontaneous poetry. Great review.
I think we agree. Thank you!
NetMassimo wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 16:05 Poems in a language that's not my primary language can be difficult to appreciate for me, even more when rhymes are forced. Thank you for your informative review!
But still,I think if they speak to one's soul, language won't be a major barrier. Thank you indeed!
Kavita Shah wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 14:58 Sounds like a unique collection of poems. I fall under the recommended category and would love to read it. Thank you for a beautifully written review!
Thank you for your good words!
markodim721 wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 01:21 I'm sorry that the rhymes are not better and more elegantly worded. Thanks for the honest review.
Thank you indeed!
El_limitless wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 10:18 I've been a lover of poetry, and I'm sure I'll find this book interesting. I'll definitely be checking it out. Great review.
Great, thank you for stopping by!
TheMazeRunner wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 08:57 Forced sentences are really distracting. I think this book is not for me. Great review!
Yep, probably not. I didn't like that part either. Thank you for your comment!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”