Official Review: The Gray Man: A Novella by L. N. Nino

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
fitzml
Favorite Author: Ayn Rand
Favorite Book: The Fountainhead
Currently Reading: The Stranger Beside me by Ann Rule
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fitzml.html
Latest Review: "Maggie Magdalene" by James Byron Huggins
fav_author_id: 2597

Re: Official Review: The Gray Man: A Novella by L. N. Nino

Post by fitzml »

This was an excellent review! It didn't give away too much but was just enough to justify its rating and make me want to read it. Great job!
Latest Review: "Maggie Magdalene" by James Byron Huggins
Amheiser
Currently Reading: Freedom
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amheiser.html
Latest Review: "Beginners only dance book" by Allen g darnel

Post by Amheiser »

I hadn't heard about The Gray Man and the title didn't really grab my attention but your review certainly did. This sounds like something that is what I like to read . . .with lots of suspense and what sounds like a twist at the end. I guess its a good chance to improve my vocabulary also. I will be putting this on my list of books to read.
Latest Review: "Beginners only dance book" by Allen g darnel
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

Amheiser wrote:I hadn't heard about The Gray Man and the title didn't really grab my attention but your review certainly did. This sounds like something that is what I like to read . . .with lots of suspense and what sounds like a twist at the end. I guess its a good chance to improve my vocabulary also. I will be putting this on my list of books to read.
Yes, definitely lots of suspense and then a twist at the end! I totally didn't see it coming. But when it happens, so many time comments throughout the book suddenly make so much more sense! 8)
Michelle-lit
Currently Reading: Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-lit.html
Latest Review: "Take Her" by Midnight Taylor

Post by Michelle-lit »

"I love how the story is just one big build-up to the climax, the meeting of The Gray Man. The suspense and anticipation of finding out what this Man was all about captured me. I read this whole story in one sitting, very late at night, which might have been a mistake. The surprise ending gave me goosebumps, and then I couldn’t sleep for a few hours after that. Initially, I was just disturbed and rather terrified, but upon further consideration, I became fascinated. Any difference to the ending would have been bland in comparison."

Ugh! I have to know what happens now! Very good review. I love those books which can be somewhat disturbing and leave you thinking, "what in the world did I just read." I'll be checking this one out.
Latest Review: "Take Her" by Midnight Taylor
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

Michelle-lit wrote:"I love how the story is just one big build-up to the climax, the meeting of The Gray Man. The suspense and anticipation of finding out what this Man was all about captured me. I read this whole story in one sitting, very late at night, which might have been a mistake. The surprise ending gave me goosebumps, and then I couldn’t sleep for a few hours after that. Initially, I was just disturbed and rather terrified, but upon further consideration, I became fascinated. Any difference to the ending would have been bland in comparison."

Ugh! I have to know what happens now! Very good review. I love those books which can be somewhat disturbing and leave you thinking, "what in the world did I just read." I'll be checking this one out.
It was one that definitely surprised me at the end. Through most of the book, I was actually not that impressed. I thought the writing was pretentious and trying too hard to sound intelligent that it just came across as boring. But the build-up to the climax was the best part. And the ending. 8)
Stephen Pokoo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-pokoo.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Stephen Pokoo »

I must commend you for your insightful analysis, which adds depth to our interpretation of the book.
kwamemeloy
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwamemeloy.html
Latest Review: Love And Murder by Dr. Irv Arenberg

Post by kwamemeloy »

Your review is an invaluable gem, offering a detailed critique that significantly enhances the understanding of the book's narrative and the experience of those who encounter it.
kwamemeloy
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwamemeloy.html
Latest Review: Love And Murder by Dr. Irv Arenberg

Post by kwamemeloy »

Nice read. Can't wait to have another go at it.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”