Review of To My Garden

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of To My Garden

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "To My Garden" by Edward D Holman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

To My Garden by Edward D Holman is a collection of poetry on various themes, including nature, human relationships, and love. The writer's style is simple and informal, while his tone is inspiring and engaging.

The poet begins by describing the angels of Armageddon he sees that guide him and give him peace. He continues by exploring one of his brief loves who gives him life like the sun. Also, he describes his hands, which are hard-working, as they never stop tending to him and supporting him. He continues by sharing his ideas about reality, comparing wood to what is real and linoleum to what is not real. Next, he writes about the beautiful song he wrote, saying that he will hold on to it until he finds someone to give it to. The next poem is about a rich man who has a mansion and some servants. His servants do not respect his house's rules, while his friends respect him and his rules. Moreover, the author includes a poem about the presence of art everywhere, as art is not simply found in museums, but it is also found between two lovers enjoying the wind penetrating their bodies.

There were a few positive qualities in this book. For one, the text was professionally edited, as I only noticed three errors in the book. Furthermore, the writer’s style was free, as he did not use rhyme in the majority of his poems, thereby allowing him to express his ideas and emotions openly and with no restrictions. What I liked most about this book was the author’s originality and creativity, as he managed to write about complex and sophisticated themes in a unique way.

What I disliked most about the poems in the text was that they were often too abstract and complicated, thereby not allowing me to comprehend what the poet desired to imply through his poems.

This book will be best appreciated by lovers of abstract and free poetry. Readers who enjoy romantic and love poems will also like the book. Young adult readers are more likely to enjoy this collection, as they will appreciate the writer’s revolutionary and free tone.

Conclusively, I rate this book with 3 out of 4 stars. I removed a star because the poems were too confusing sometimes. However, I could not give a lower rating since the poems were professionally edited, originally crafted, and freely written.

To My Garden
View: on Bookshelves
Khushboo Barwar
Favorite Book: Inertia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushboo-barwar.html
Latest Review: The Price of Dreams by Jerry A. Greenberg
Reading Device: B07XVJZPKZ

Post by Khushboo Barwar »

The metaphors used are immaculate. This surely sounds like a fun read. Thanks for the review. Great job!
Anil G
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

Many people with the love of nature always compare it to the life of a being and try to understand the meaning of life through it. This book seems like the one for those people who like to find meaning in small things. You did a good job with the review!
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Lucas Francisco
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Lucas Francisco »

I can relate on some of the story ..........good review
inChristalone247
Favorite Book: Midwinter Turns to Spring
Currently Reading: Beyond the Higher Ground
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inchristalone247.html
Latest Review: Midwinter Turns to Spring by Maria Veloso

Post by inChristalone247 »

I love writing free style also and most of my poems are love poems. It's inspiring to see someone in the same line. Thank you for the review. I look forward to rolling lines of poetry

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”