Review of A Web Of Knots

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriny-youssef.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review of A Web Of Knots

Post by Eriny Youssef »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Web Of Knots" by Rachel K. Martin.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Web Of Knots by Rachel K. Martin is a collection of short poems. There is no theme or subject that the poems specifically address. As the title suggests, the book is a compilation of assorted thoughts that crossed the author's mind. The letter Q, depression, weddings, Cinderella, reindeer, grandmothers, love, the color red, and others are among the themes the author wrote about. You can imagine how diverse the book is!

The poems' lengths are anywhere from two lines to two pages. Some of them are "haikus," which means they stick to the rules of writing a haiku. Haiku is a form of poetry that consists of three lines, with a particular number of syllables in each of those sentences. The English used in writing the poems is conversational and modern. The poems have a casual attitude, and some of them have a song-like cadence. They talk about real and factual material.

What I liked the most is the wide range of topics covered. There aren't two poems that are alike. My favorite poem was "Ode to the Q." I loved how random and refreshing it is. It expressed the letter Q as the least used letter that can never be alive without the letter U. It was a really fun poem. Some of the poems in this book have a rhyme scheme that sometimes seemed forced. However, the rhyme in "Ode to the Q" wasn't.

I didn't appreciate the page design. As readers, we expect poetry books to be aesthetically impressive. We look forward to their page designs as if they were works of art. However, this book didn't meet this expectation. The poems are laid bluntly like any other prose. There was no introduction or preface. The first thing you read after the book cover is the first poem. Also, a copyright disclaimer is written for each poem separately. This arrangement was extremely off-putting and distracting.

I give A Web Of Knots 3 out of 4 stars. I found several errors while reading the text. I believe it could use another round of proofreading. Also, the points mentioned earlier played a role in deducting the fourth star.

This book should appeal to readers who enjoy modern and free verse poetry. Poetry lovers who are more into the classics and the structured writing of poetry might find it less satisfactory. This book is a source of a broad range of topics that are written in short portions. It can be refreshing if you're looking for something of the sort.

A Web Of Knots
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Elijah Mwangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elijah-mwangi.html
Latest Review: My Living Will by John Trautwein
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Elijah Mwangi »

Wow I love poems. This seems to be a good book for me to enjoy reading poems. I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the review.
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

The book is an collection of poems on subjects like depression, weddings, Cinderella, reindeer, grandmothers, love, the color red. The poet has a crossed mindset and the book is impression of those thoughts.
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:

Post by Eriny Youssef »

Elijah Mwangi wrote: โ†‘21 Jul 2021, 03:18 Wow I love poems. This seems to be a good book for me to enjoy reading poems. I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the review.
Thank you for reading the review๐Ÿ˜Š
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:

Post by Eriny Youssef »

Mayur Arjune wrote: โ†‘21 Jul 2021, 08:38 The book is an collection of poems on subjects like depression, weddings, Cinderella, reindeer, grandmothers, love, the color red. The poet has a crossed mindset and the book is impression of those thoughts.
๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Susan Gibbs »

I liked the title as it reminded me of a spiderweb. A two-line poem sound novel, I have never seen that, |It sounds like the topics are diverse and enjoyable.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Return to โ€œDrama and Poetry Booksโ€