Review of Love, Love

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Review of Love, Love

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Love, Love" by Diane Klammer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love, Love by Diane Klammer is a collection of various poems about love, sports, and relationships. The author also explores different themes like teamwork, hope, loyalty, dedication, tolerance, etc.

Diane Klammer is also a musician, painter, and writer, and she has had some of the poems in this book featured in publications like Hearts Magazine, Open Minds, and Lummox. Her love for sports is evident as she features sports like running, tennis, and swimming in this publication. This book features different poetic forms, as the book contains villanelle, cleave, free verse, and rhyming poems. In one of my favorite poems in this book, 'Dance of the Relationship,' the author compares dancing to relationships. During a dance, couples on the dance floor could sometimes step on each other's feet and might love the music playing or have to tolerate it.

What I love most about this book is that the author tackles different aspects of love and relationships. Readers would appreciate how she covers both the sweet and sour sides of relationships. I especially liked the moral lessons that one can draw from the poems. Some of them help the reader to understand that things wouldn't always be smooth. However, with love, tolerance, and understanding, the ship would remain afloat. I also appreciated the humor in poems like 'Lifeguard,' which is about a woman who doesn't desire a miracle but just a man.

Furthermore, the author's poetic skills are praiseworthy. I enjoyed her exciting use of figures of speech like personification, metaphor, and simile to breathe life into her poems. Diane's rhyming poems gave me joy, as her choice of words is excellent. In addition, I loved the inspiring quotes before the start of some poems, as they set the mood for what was to come. My favorite is the one by Jules Renard, and it reads: "Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the heart empties." Isn't that both lovely and true? I must also commend the author and her husband for the beautiful and befitting book cover they designed together for this publication.

In conclusion, there's nothing I disliked about this book. I was both entertained and handed some invaluable advice. It's hard for any reader not to appreciate how this author artistically weaves words into intriguing poems. Therefore, I am awarding Love, Love a well-deserved four out of four stars. The book is also professionally edited, even though I found a few errors in it. I highly recommend the book to lovers of poetry titles with assorted styles, especially those interested in enjoying poems with an excellent blend of sports, love, and relationships.

Love, Love
View: on Bookshelves
Hhannahh
Currently Reading: The Smartest Person in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hhannahh.html
Latest Review: The Whaler's Daughter by Jerry Mikorenda

Post by Hhannahh »

I like the sound of this book. And I think the cover and title are cute.
Lovely review.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

It seems like an original combination. I loved reading your touching review, and I can't wait to discover how poetry, love, and sports come together. Great job!
Theana De lima Araujo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theana-d.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Theana De lima Araujo »

I really enjoy seeing different perspectives of love and how people describe it. This seems like a book that is down-to-earth and has the makings of a good light-hearted read from what I gather from your review. Thank you for the love-ly review.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

Love and relationship can be very complex. It's a nice thing to read people's experience and perspective on the matter. Good review.
ontario
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ontario.html
Latest Review: The Successful Manager by Practical Approaches for Building and Leading High-Performing Teams

Post by ontario »

Impressive, the book displays a catching title and I like it's impressive points like sweet and sour sides of relationships and the moral lessons that one can draw from the poems. I must read this book. Thanks for the review
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

"Love love" the name only gives positive vibes.
Plus it's a 4/4 stars i would definitely want to read 📖 it
:tiphat:
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

The fact that the poet has a way of using language as a tool to talk about different fields amazes me. Thanks for the review
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

This sounds like a fun book to read. It's like reading a sporty love story. Thanks for the review.
Nomithi Mtolo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Nomithi Mtolo »

I enjoyed to read this view ,it seems like it talks about a lovely talent and success
Gilang Pratama P
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Gilang Pratama P »

Poems make my life so meaningful, it can drag me to love my self, love nature, etc.
Poems like a ryhme in breath, it's a paincure for everything.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”