Review of THE GOLD MAP 370 of my godly poems james

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Review of THE GOLD MAP 370 of my godly poems james

Post by 63tty »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "THE GOLD MAP 370 of my godly poems james" by James w Bynum.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

THE GOLD MAP 370 of my godly poems james by James w Bynum is a collection of 370 poems written by the author professing his love and faith in God. James is talking to God through his writing and asks God some personal questions. They consist of teachings from the Bible as well as advice concerning the Christian religion. They are brief, precise, and enjoyable. The author wrote the poems in all caps to stress his points. Most poems compare the devil and God, like how it costs nothing to believe in God, yet it costs a lot to sin. There is also a lot of mention of sin and walking a righteous path. Ultimately, this is a book for God, about God, and an affirmation of God's existence.

I loved that the poems had rhyme and flow, which made them enjoyable. I also liked that they were short with simple grammar, hence not tedious. I appreciated that the author incorporated his beliefs without force, which made me invested in my faith, and ways of improving it. Most importantly, the author portrays his relationship with God as imperfect and that sometimes things go wrong, but he stays strong.

I enjoyed the delivery of the author, which was engaging. It was as if I was getting free tips in real-time to stay strong in my faith. I felt encouraged not to lose hope and that I will reap the benefits in the afterlife. I believe this book made me see my faith in God from a whole new perspective. The book is the fourth book in a series, and I would love to read more books from James.

Unfortunately, the book had multiple errors, which I disliked. I could also not tell if some were a matter of style or choice apart from the obvious ones. This book deserved a four-star rating though due to the number of errors, I give it a three out of four stars rating. I, however, loved that the author does not attack or discredit any religious group.

This book is suitable for any Christian having trouble with their faith and needs answers to the frequent questions asked when in doubt. It can also be practical to any person of the same belief to strengthen their love and faith for Christ. I would not discourage any religious group from reading it but caution that this is a book about the Christian faith.

THE GOLD MAP 370 of my godly poems james
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

It seems like an engaging read. I am not a Christian, but I think I would enjoy the book. It's true that it costs nothing to believe in God, but it costs a lot, sometimes everything, to sin. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

I believe in god, so even though I'm not Christian I want to read this book. It sounds delightful read. Thanks for the beautiful review.
63tty

Post by 63tty »

Ruchi Raina wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 08:22 It seems like an engaging read. I am not a Christian, but I think I would enjoy the book. It's true that it costs nothing to believe in God, but it costs a lot, sometimes everything, to sin. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Glad you loved it. Thanks for the comment.
~Lily Tomlin
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

I loved reading your review, but I don't think that this one is for me. Thank you for your effort!
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

I love poetry, deities not so much. Thank you for the review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
63tty

Post by 63tty »

Kaushiki Parihar wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 00:09 I believe in god, so even though I'm not Christian I want to read this book. It sounds delightful read. Thanks for the beautiful review.
It is a great read. Please do. Thanks for the comment.
~Lily Tomlin
63tty

Post by 63tty »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 02:52 I loved reading your review, but I don't think that this one is for me. Thank you for your effort!
No worries. I appreciate the feedback. Thanks.
~Lily Tomlin
63tty

Post by 63tty »

Niens Now wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 02:58 I love poetry, deities not so much. Thank you for the review.
It's okay. Thanks.
~Lily Tomlin

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”