Review of A Beautiful Mind is Poetry Defined

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Review of A Beautiful Mind is Poetry Defined

Post by Ria710 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Beautiful Mind is Poetry Defined" by Denis Brown.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Beautiful Mind is Poetry Defined by Denis Brown is a collection of poems that cover a wide range of topics. The poem Mr Weinstein is about how Hollywood isn’t what it all seems. There is a darker side to it that most people are unaware of. The poem specifically looks at how Harvey Weinstein manipulated people into doing things he wanted. The poem Amazon Rainforest is about how humans are destroying nature and as a result, animals are losing their homes. If you are looking to escape reality for a few hours, then give this book a go.

I had a great time reading this book. All the poems were the perfect length, so I was able to get through them quickly. Every poem Brown wrote was unique, as it highlighted a different topic. Suicide, sexual assault, and Covid-19 were some of the things mentioned. Brown’s writing style is incredible. My attention was captured from the start to the end of the book. Brown’s use of rhyming words helped the poems flow smoothly. They were pleasant to read out loud. Altogether, there are 36 poems, so you won’t get bored.

What’s so great about poetry is that the poems can be interpreted in many different ways. What one person thinks it means can mean something completely different to another person. For me, I felt like there was an important message that could be taken away from every poem. For example, in the poem E.L.M, the main message that can be taken away from it is that everyone’s life matters equally. No matter their gender, skin colour, and race, everyone deserves to be treated equally.

There was nothing that I disliked about the book. At 127 pages long, it was a quick read. Just like the author says, this is one of those books that you can keep reading over and over again and not get bored. You could read a poem a day, or you could read it all in one go.

Overall, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn’t find any mistakes, so it is exceptionally edited. Due to some of the sensitive themes presented in the book, it is not suitable for a younger audience. I highly recommend this book to adults who like reading poetry. Even if you don’t particularly like reading poems, you may still enjoy this book as it talks about real-world issues that are happening today.

A Beautiful Mind is Poetry Defined
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
ashyclouds
Currently Reading: Rise and Conquer
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by ashyclouds »

wow this book must be interesting as it alludes about how humans are destroying nature and as a result, animals are losing their homes, its always good to look to the other side of things .thanks for the review.
Emmanuel Luyakha
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Emmanuel Luyakha »

Since long I've never been a fan of poetry. This one though sounds interesting in the diversified fields it addresses. I should give it a look. Thanks for the review.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: Devine Enquiries by Martin Hull

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

I agree with you, just like other forms of art, poetry can mean different things to different people. I particularly like the varied themes the author explored. Your review captures the book's essence beautifully, well done.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”