Review of Poetic Crossroads

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Review of Poetic Crossroads

Post by TheMazeRunner »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Poetic Crossroads" by Poetic Beauty.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

People who are harassed and abused are always trying to find a way to let everything out. That can be hard sometimes, but the author named Poetic Beauty managed to put her memories and pain in a collection of poems.

Poetic Crossroads by Poetic Beauty is a collection of poems representing the author's tough childhood and present life. This collection is an emotional rollercoaster since the author shared her story to the smallest detail. From being abandoned by her father to being harassed by her mother's boyfriend, the author made sure to highlight the most painful moments in her life. The author's life story spreads across 110 pages in the shape of 83 short poems. Some of the poems are emotional as the author reveals her ruined childhood and innocence. She also gave us shocking information that she gave birth to her first son as a teenager.

Her poems are everything but typical. The author was brave enough to create her writing style, and I love that the most about the book. The style is very unusual, and some readers may find it hard to read. It was okay for me, and I found it easy to read. As a perfectionist, some lines in the text where the author randomly used upper case triggered me a bit, but that didn't ruin my reading experience.

As I wrote before, the author's writing style is unusual and chaotic. I enjoyed reading this collection, but I have to notice there were many errors in it. The author did not keep the consistency of her writing style. For example, the author used the pronoun 'I' several times, but she also used the same pronoun in the lower case in some places in the book. If she wanted to keep her writing style fresh, she should have used it in either lower or upper case the whole time. I cannot say this book is edited professionally due to a massive number of mistakes. There are a few mentions of abuse in the book, and the book also contains a certain number of profane words. There is nothing I dislike about Poetic Crossroads.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I had to deduct one star from the rating due to a massive number of errors. I think this collection of poems should go through a round of editing to make it even better. I enjoyed reading this book, and I recommend it to those who experienced any sort of abuse throughout life. It is also suitable for those who like reading poems written in an unusual and unique style. Those who love poems written according to specified rules would not like this book. I don't recommend this book to the younger population due to abusive scenes.

Poetic Crossroads
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

I think putting down your story in poem makes it more intriguing to read. I love the author's style of writing. Great review!
Lila Randhawa
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lila-randhawa.html
Latest Review: Conversing with Various Entities by Mary Ellen Wall

Post by Lila Randhawa »

I laud the author's courage to pen down her painful memories and make them available for the public to read. I am curious about her writing style. I hope this book receives a thorough round of proofreading and editing. Thanks for the informative review.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

i am very happy that the author has found a way to express her painful memories, I only hope that it will heal her somehow, good review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”