Review of Say Their Name

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 446
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review of Say Their Name

Post by Sanju Lali »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Say Their Name" by Wanda Weathersby.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Can I tell you something about a real-life example to demonstrate the crest of positivity? This example demonstrates that often a way exists to find the best reason to continue to live, even when your life is devastated after losing the most precious part of your heart. What I mean by the so-called way here has nothing to do with any new medical therapy or joining any cult that is new to you. I have a piece of good news for you. The way is nothing more than the result of having deep faith in God or your belief system. Now, a question may pop up in your mind why this particular way is needed when there could be many other ways to forget the loss and divert the attention to something new for leading life satisfactorily. If we are constantly reminded of that loss every moment of our lives, then the benefits of this particular way become paramount. I feel privileged to introduce you to a mother who had lost her son, and she tried to cope with her loss by writing and sharing her feeling through the poems in the book Say Their Name by Wanda Weathersby.

The collection of about forty-three poems is elegantly packed in this short-sized book of 876 locations as read on Amazon Kindle. In all the poems in this book, the author expresses heartfelt emotions are about her son, covering almost all the aspects of her son's life. In the first poem, the heartbreaking incident happened when her son had left the Earth forever on Thanksgiving Day. The other poems tell us about the different moments of her life where she remembered her son. What could be the phrases in the poems that helped her to manage her grief? Based on the poems, where could be her son now, and what is he doing? You may like to read the book to find out how much healing power it has.

What I liked the most about this book is a collection of contemplative phrases and affirmations by which the author was able to manage her depression. Also, I liked the usage of simple language to write the poems because it was easy for me to comprehend the author’s feelings embedded in them. There is nothing that I disliked in this book because the author gave clear expression to her feelings, using the correct phrases in the poems.

The parents who had lost their children are the primary targets of this book. I recommend this book to teenagers and adults who have lost loved ones and are finding it hard to come out of the pain. They can use the logic behind the poems to make positive affirmations of their own healing. People suffering from heartbreak will find this book to be a boon because it can inspire them to find a good reason to lead a fulfilling life. Those who are already suffering from severe depression, undergoing medical treatment, or receiving any form of therapy may find this book a bit difficult to read. So, I do not recommend it to such people because their symptoms may get worse.

An intriguing title and soothing picture on the cover drew me in to see what I may find inside this healing book. Therefore, I picked this book to read. After reading this book from cover to cover, I realized that I had made a good decision because I found the book to be a valuable tool to heal a broken heart. The emotionally charged lines touched me, pushing me from inside to rate this book with all the stars. Fortunately, since this book is full of poems and I could hardly find any serious errors, I realized that this book is professionally edited. Summing up all the aspects of this book, I am happy to give it 4 out of 4 stars.

Say Their Name
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

Yes, we should find reasons to continue living regardless of what we've been through. This book will offer hope to a lot of readers. What a great review you have here.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

A collection of poems that can proved a little comfort to a broken heart. Lovely review!
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

A poem of hope! Nice one . Good review
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

A heartwarming collection of poems. Thanks for great review.
Malkia Esther
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malkia-esther.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Malkia Esther »

Just by reading this review I can feel the healing touch. What if I read the poems till the end? Thank you for this review.
Christine Joy G 1
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-joy-g-1.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Christine Joy G 1 »

What a beautiful review! The healing, hope and heart of poems are really life-changing!
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 446
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Edit_or wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 16:02 A poem of hope! Nice one . Good review
Thanks for reading my review and leaving a valuable feedback on it.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

I admire the courage it took for the author to write this book. Hopefully this book can help heal anyone who reads it. Wonderful review! :D
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

I find this book to be of value for those who have experienced the harsher realities of life. Thanks for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Ray Ogee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ray-ogee.html
Latest Review: Portals by Jon Zimmer

Post by Ray Ogee »

A book of hope. This book sounds appealing to people who have lost someone, or passing through rough challenges of life. A book that can heal and mend broken hearts. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: Portals by Jon Zimmer
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

A great collection of poems can heal a broken heart, no doubt :) Thank you for this amazing review!
Prarthna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prarthna.html
Latest Review: The Farmer by Sam Braidwood

Post by Prarthna »

This collection of poems will be valuable to those going through difficult times. Thanks for the lovely review.
Elendu Ekechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

I would like to read this book considering that I just lost someone very dear to me.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

This sounds like a great read for those struggling with loss.
I also love your introduction, it's very gripping.
Lovely review.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”