Review of Leave Cinema's Subjective Philosophies Behind

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Leave Cinema's Subjective Philosophies Behind

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Leave Cinema's Subjective Philosophies Behind" by Leonore Leonor.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

For quite a number of years and after the establishment of human rights, the rights of the female gender have been neglected, brutalized, and abused. This does not just encourage totalitarian patriarchy in homes but also has profound psychological adverse effects on mothers and young women. These have led to the uprising of unique female voices, who, after appreciating the privilege to be educated, believe that both genders should share power and knowledge.

One of these unique voices is that of Leonore Leonor. She uses her poetic book, Leave Cinema's Subjective Philosophies Behind, to talk about the life of the female gender. She creatively narrated their love life, the violence they experience, the effects of the low self-esteem installed into their minds, and the proper psychology that can help one facing such to conquer them. As a woman, have you experienced violations for no other reason than because you are a woman? Have you been emotionally blackmailed by the injustice towards the female gender?

Leonore Leonor is genuinely a unique female voice. She creatively used metaphors while writing her poems to open my eyes to some of the inner feelings of women who found themselves on the borderline of this gender war, which often goes unnoticed by society. She talks about the manhood cage, which strips men of their sensitivities in the name of being a strong and strict man. She relates to me (the reader) the adverse effect of this stereotype on not just the opposite gender but also the subject himself. These are the things I liked about the book.

Leave Cinema's Subjective Philosophies Behind is a poetry anthology. So, therefore, it has poetic license to write in the poet's unique choice of language. But, some of the poems seem void of meaning and are pretty complex to understand. Making such a writing simple would help avoid misconceptions of the author's intended meaning.

The editor and publisher did an awful job on the book's pages and its navigation. At the beginning of the book, I saw many blank pages. Contents like a foreword, dedication, or even an introduction would have given readers a glimpse of the book's content. Also, what I disliked most about the book was that page number "124" kept appearing in two-page intervals while I was reading the book. This made it hard to reference some page numbers, and I almost got lost while reading.

Due to this poor formatting, I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. I will encourage immediate attention to the execution of the book. The beauty of the content of the book is at stake if nothing is done. Leave Cinema's Subjective Philosophies Behind was still professionally edited, as only an error was found. I recommend this book to women who believe in gender equality.

Leave Cinema's Subjective Philosophies Behind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

A book that advocates for shared power and knowledge among both sexes will be really enlightening to read. Great review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”