Review of Kiss Me or Kill Me, But Please Set Me Free!

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joyful17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k17.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog by Daniel Tierney

Review of Kiss Me or Kill Me, But Please Set Me Free!

Post by Joyful17 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Kiss Me or Kill Me, But Please Set Me Free!" by Amargeaux Rai.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life is never a cup of cake. We all face trials of different forms. They can take a toll on our well-being and leave us depressed, sad, lonely, or even suicidal. Kiss Me or Kill Me, But Please Set Me Free! by Amargeaux Rai is a book of poetry that shares deep emotions.

It is a moderately sized book of 98 pages. There are over 40 poems in the book. The themes of the poems concern emotional scars, loneliness, abuse, suicidal thoughts, love, and friendship. Many of the poems offer soothing and encouraging words to readers who may feel discouraged, depressed, alone, or unimportant.

I find many of the poems touching and beautifully rendered. The poem titled Abuse flawlessly describes the deep hurt that results from abuse. A line in the poem said, 'Take that abused paper, Smooth it out And tell the paper You’re sorry… So, Did what you did to it go away?' In well-chosen words, the author conveys her thoughts and emotions with clarity.

My most favorite feature of this book is the intermittent spaces left for the reader to write poems of his or her own. One of these is found on page 58, where the reader is encouraged to write a poem about what it takes to be loved. Other interesting features of this book include relevant quotes, creative use of colors, fonts, spaces, consonance, and repetitions.

Many of the poems pass vital messages to the reader. For instance, the poem titled Cut the Cord on page 86 explains how to identify toxic relationships. A line in the poem said, 'A healthy human being will reflect the energy of others.' This use of logic may convince the reader of the rightness of the author's ideas.

On the other hand, I find that one of the poems does not match its title. On page 35, the message of the poem titled Creator has no link with the title of the poem. My most disliked aspect of this book is the lack of uniformity in the font used for the titles of the poems. Some of the titles are written in bold while others are written in various font sizes. Inasmuch as it appears creative, it also made it difficult to differentiate some titles from the body of the poem.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was professionally edited. The poems are well-structured and refreshing to a depressed soul. Readers who have faced hard times or others who are trying to find their feet can benefit from this book.

Kiss Me or Kill Me, But Please Set Me Free!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

Have always been a great fan of poetry. Would definitely love to have this book on my shelf.
Ghulam farid 1
Currently Reading: Chameleons
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ghulam farid 1 »

Kiss me or kill me really good book in this book teach us our life issued .really man is worry in this environment.because every one worry.there is a good book for human .
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

This looks very interesting. It's also one of my favourite genres so I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”