Review of Artwords

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Pretty Ainembabazi
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 56
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Review of Artwords

Post by Pretty Ainembabazi »

Your review is very interesting and gives more interesting in reading the book more
Stuffs We learn
Currently Reading:

Post by Stuffs We learn »

Such a poetic review of art words it tempts me to read and sweet the taste of poem with interesting stories wow .I am eagarly awaiting to read 👍
Tehzeen_f
Currently Reading:

Post by Tehzeen_f »

An artist visualizes all his thoughts, his imaginary world in one's art. Basically, art is itself self-expressionor we can say the beautiful description of inner soul of the artist.
Here, I'm gonna give you a small and sufficient intro of the book "Artwords".
In the book the author M.Robles shows the meanings can be taken by creating fascinate images in order to understand the poetry or the poems.
So, the theme of the book is on love and sex. There are fun in the poems and stories.But the love is promoted by the author.Some of the poems claims about sex. Which rather I suggest to the ones who doesn't find any difficulty in those. It would be a great experience for the readers.
The poetryin the book is unique.The language choosened by the author is beautiful.I find some of the poems and stories are quite funny.
The author is also the creature of calligrams and photographs in this book which enhances the beauty of the book as well as the interest of the readers.
There was nothing to dislike in this book. The imagery and metaphers makes me the part of the book which I think is the success of the author.There is an artist in every human, the need is to endure it!
Triciat50
Favorite Book: The Luminaries
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-triciat50.html
Latest Review: The Miracle of Ramadan by Wassim Hijazi

Post by Triciat50 »

This sounds like a very unique book. I've seen artwork made from word (this was popular in the 70's in posters) but generally it was a one-off or an advertisement. This book sounds like it goes far beyond this concept, and the author demonstrates how word are actually sensuous (nothing new to people who love to read!). I'm looking forward to checking it out.
Ohmy Book
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohmy-book.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Ohmy Book »

What an absolutely glowing review! It's clear that Beatriz M. Robles' "Artwords" has left a lasting impression on you. Your thoughtful and detailed analysis showcases the book's uniqueness, the author's creative talent, and the various elements that make it a standout piece of art and literature. Your praise for the book's editing, accessibility, and the way it blends everyday objects with sensual imagery is truly commendable. It's evident that you were not only engaged but deeply moved by the combination of words and images in this collection. Your final rating of 4 out of 4 stars is a testament to the book's excellence, and your recommendations for potential readers provide valuable guidance. This review is a fantastic tribute to the author and their work! 👏📖🌟
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I haven't tried books on Calligram, and this is new for me. Not just a word but it is also an art; that is awesome. I'm curious to see those images with two meanings in it. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Seetha E
Currently Reading: Now or Never
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Seetha E »

Both the cover and title are elegant and just fitting. I have to admit that the concept of calligram is new to me. Reading this through and seeing the "artwords" in action would be amazing. A lovely review that has provided sufficient cautious. Congratulations on winning BOTD, Beatriz!
Jacob Mamman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacob-mamman.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Jacob Mamman »

I've never heard of calligram before, but the concept intrigues me much. I'd like to learn more about the intriguing concept of the book. I appreciate the review. Congrats on BOTD
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 806
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: When Black Shoes Turn Red by Tom McKenna
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles is a captivating blend of words and images that promises an artistic journey. The calligram technique and the fusion of everyday objects with sensuous words intrigue me.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Emma Ussel
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emma-ussel.html
Latest Review: The Shanghai Circle by Tony Henderson

Post by Emma Ussel »

Calligrams are amazing!! It's been a while since I've last grabbed a bout with them, can't wait to check this one out, thanks!
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: What Makes You Feel Better That Starts With The Letter by Sienna L. Ambrose

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

I would like to understand calligram more and that is enough reason for me to understand this work. Also considering the fact that I am a lover of art. The poet touch is also fascinating.
Supriya Thukral
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-supriya-thukral.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Supriya Thukral »

This book sounds like a very interesting read. It’s always enjoyable when different types of arts come together. Thanks for the great review!
Matthan Chishala
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Matthan Chishala »

Let me take this moment to appreciate the book review you wrote for "Artwords" by Beatriz M. Your review truly encapsulated the essence of the book and provided valuable insights that have made me even more eager to dive into its pages.

Your objective analysis of the book's strengths and weaknesses showcased your fair and balanced perspective.
Devesh Patel
Currently Reading: Where Is Your Eternal Destiny? Heaven or Hell
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-devesh-patel.html
Latest Review: Passion Struck by John R. Miles

Post by Devesh Patel »

Book seems interesting. The theme of the book is fascinating and I'd like to know more about it.
Great review. Congratulations on BOTD.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Gerry Steen »

Gabrielle Sigaki, I thank you for your review of Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles. You sparked my interest in this book because it made you laugh, and incorporated different art forms together including poetry, calligram, and photography. The mix of humour and sensuality makes it all the more interesting!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”