Review of Artwords

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
llanda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-llanda.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Re: Review of Artwords

Post by llanda »

Words turning into pictures is a unique and attention grasping way to attract readers. I would like to read this book
Josephine Etop
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Josephine Etop »

Using calligram in books is quite creative. What's a good book without creativity and a good laugh. Good to know there's simplicity in conveying the message to readers. The review makes one wanna read. Nice!
Minslet A Avagalwa
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-minslet-a-avagalwa.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by Minslet A Avagalwa »

I have never read a book like this where the author uses words to make shapes. It will be an amazing experience reading Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles. Congratulations on the BOTD.
Taiwo_Olawoye
Currently Reading: OldEarth Aram Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1femi1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Taiwo_Olawoye »

This intriguing poetry book showcases calligrams, wordplay, and the author's ingenuity, with words creating images, sensual metaphors, and imaginative narratives. Thanks for the review.
odlanra
Favorite Book: Carbynarah Chronicles
Currently Reading: All In Divine Order
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odlanra.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by odlanra »

I really would like to thank the reviewer because I was disappointed with the sample book. There is nothing to read in the sample. However, the sample did excite me with the first drawing and the realization that it is a deep work in literature. I was expecting poems and paintings or drawings. The author is definitely an artist. The review confirmed it. It is poetry. "Sensual with metaphors on sex and humorous!" No comment in the meantime. The work shows the creativity of the author and the reader will be surprized. That would be nice! Easy to understand and employs calligram! Let us see!
Gloria M 3
Currently Reading: Reflections: Words From the Soul

Post by Gloria M 3 »

Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles is a unique book with artworks, and different stories about the pictures created. It has combined objects, like sponges and scissors with stories that convey different meanings. The pictures with words like a comb which appeared like a woman was talking to her comb and certain intimate moments that had a creation of words and pictures to form short narrative stories were very interesting.

The book is very interesting and makes you want to read more about the calligraphy since it's a unique style to some of the readers, it was well written and can't look forward to reading more.
Sonia_Gonzalez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

Artwords is a poetry book that combines several forms of arts to create unique pictures and stories.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Damian Keyes »

I had the opportunity to read and experience this book of poetry and it left me in amazement. Calligrams are my personal best because of aesthetically it is pleasing to the eye. Congrats to the author for having the BOTD.
Jessica Hooper 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Jessica Hooper 2 »

I truly admire the concept behind this writer/artist Beatriz M. Robles style. Turning writing into art. I myself used to write and draw and the idea had crossed my mind a time or two. And she put it to light and I honestly believe that I would appreciate reading the book in whole. Which I am going to do.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“Artwords” by Beatriz M. Robles is a special poetry book that brings several artworks from Robles. The author used interesting wordplay and a technique called calligram which arranges words to form pictures. She also used everyday objects with stories that give the text several meanings. Readers that enjoy poetry will love the tales that confuse readers or make them laugh. One part of the book was a combination of photographs that mixed literature with everyday objects because they tied to people’s daily lives. One example was a woman talking to her comb about how the comb makes her feel pretty. This is a book for adults who are interested in the intimate lives of couples. Very good review.
Smrithi Arun
Currently Reading: The Girl On The Train
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithi-arun.html
Latest Review: Derrick of Death by Malvina Lerma
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Smrithi Arun »

Even though this concept sounds highly interesting, I haven't been able to take much interest in poetry and prose. I hope this book finds the right audience and is appreciated by them. Congrats on the BOTD!
Reading is dreaming with open eyes
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles sounds like a beautiful blend of poetry and art. This concept is very unique and grabbed my attention. The official OBC review and the lack of artwork in the sample pages made me so curious that I bought the book. I am excited to read and appreciate the art. I have added it to my "To read" list. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
RomanceBound T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romancebound-t.html
Latest Review: Holy Terror by John R. Dougherty

Post by RomanceBound T »

This sounds like such an interesting and unique book. I don't think I've read something related to calligram before. You've written such exceptional review. The part where you mentioned 'photographs that mixed literature with ordinary object' definitely gives this book a more realistic and relatable approach.
Markus Tsammani
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markus-tsammani.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Bowling Ball Bombing by Kordel Lentine

Post by Markus Tsammani »

The sentence "where she uses a technique which involves arranging words to from shapes and pictures" really caught my attention in this book. It seems like a great read. I'll try the book; I appreciate your review.
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 234
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

Undoubtedly, this is a novel form of art for me, and I find it really intriguing as it's like getting a peek inside the author's head and viewing the world from a different perspective.
Great review is very detailed and definitely made me courious about this story.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”