Review of Artwords

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
zeyla7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zeyla7.html
Latest Review: Love is the Answer, God is the Cure by Aimee Cabo Nikolov

Re: Review of Artwords

Post by zeyla7 »

This book Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles is a must read. The art of weaving words is, if I must proclaim, a unique talent! The review is so inviting as one would like to checkout how text translates to images!
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

The author seems to blend words and pictures with interesting objects. It also sounds like there is some humour and witty play on words. I can't say I have ever read a similar book before. Thanks for your thoughtful review, and congrats to the author on BOTD!
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Mystery in the Metaverse by Nick Airus

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This is a poetry book where the author showcases her skill in artwork by using calligrams to form shapes and pictures. The author also uses other books to produce her prose to highlight specific terms from other texts. The author's art skill is unique and the book is well-written. Nice review.
Rahul Singh 29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahul-singh-29.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Rahul Singh 29 »

"Artwords" appears to invite readers to engage in wordplay and interpretation. Each text and image combination offers implicit meanings and wordplay, challenging readers to decipher and reflect on the various layers of storytelling.
Life is a play where we are the actors and the audience, We laugh and cry, love and hate, create and destroy,
We seek to know ourselves and others, to belong and to be free, We accept what we can and change what we must.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

This sounds like an adventurous but interesting book. The idea of mixing art and poetry sounds exciting. Your review has made me want to check this book out. Well done.
"All I can do is fight, and I intend to. After all, giving up on the process is giving up on the result."
Mercy Wambui Ndungu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-wambui-ndungu.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Mercy Wambui Ndungu »

Thank you for your thoughtful review of "Artwords" by Beatriz M. Robles. Your insights into the unique aspects of this poetry book are appreciated and give potential readers a clear understanding of what to expect.

The description of how Robles uses words to create images through the calligram technique is intriguing. It's evident that the author's creativity is a significant element of the book. Your mention of the author combining everyday objects with stories and sensual words to convey multiple meanings adds depth to the discussion
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Effie Cherotich
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-effie-cherotich.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Effie Cherotich »

This book uses words to form artwork while telling stories at the same time. The words also form images. I think it's very genius of the author.
Amy_Jackson
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

I'm not familiar with the use of calligrams in books. Sounds intricate, yet your review made it sound like it was simply done by the author. I'd sure love to see what it looks like. I can imagine it making the poetry come to life.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

The reviewer's appreciation for the photographs that capture the simplicity of daily life and the metaphors about confidence with a comb intrigues me. It's refreshing to hear about a book that successfully merges literature with ordinary objects, creating unique and relatable narratives.
Zainab Wasif
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainab-wasif.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Post by Zainab Wasif »

This seems like a unique poetry book that pairs the author's artwork with poetic texts, creating stories and metaphors that blend humor, sensuality, and reflection. The book offers a creative exploration of everyday life and intimate moments through a combination of words and images.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

The mention of calligrams and the author's unique approach to blending words with everyday objects immediately piques my interest. It's fascinating how Robles creates art not just through words but also by integrating literature with ordinary items.
Ochieng Oduor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ochieng-oduor.html
Latest Review: Through The Test of Time by D. Angel

Post by Ochieng Oduor »

I love the uniqueness portrayed by the author since I am a lover of poetry and arts this is definitely my kind of read. I would love to explore the combination of literature and photographs contained here.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by Chad Anthony »

The reviewer's praise for the book's creativity and intelligent use of words, especially in metaphors about intimate moments, makes me curious. The combination of simplicity, humor, and reflection seems like a delightful mix that I would enjoy exploring in Artwords.
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading: Bright Expanse
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

This book is unique. A collection of poetry in the form of art and pictures is remarkable indeed. It takes a lot of intellectual work to put such together. Congrats to the author.
Alexandra Praytor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Alexandra Praytor »

This review piques my interest in the book Artwords. It almost sounds like a modernized take on the illuminated transcripts of the Middle Ages. Sounds like a fascinating and enjoyable read!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”