Review of Artwords

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarrikoziol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarrikoziol.html
Latest Review: House of Cuts by June Gillam

Re: Review of Artwords

Post by Sarrikoziol »

It is an interesting form of poetry. The review was great. I wish the "sample" would have actually included some of her work.
Misguided angel means bad with good intentions
Swollen Members
Michaela Gordoni
Currently Reading: Timeline
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaela-gordoni.html
Latest Review: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France by Michael C. Higgins, PhD

Post by Michaela Gordoni »

I loved your description of this book. It makes it sound extremely interesting- visual and intellectually provoking, like an adult picture book. :D
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I’ve worked with/read calligrams before, but I was introduced to it as shape poetry. It can be fascinating, if done well and used for the proper subjects. There is a fine line, though, between it coming across artistic and it coming across as silly or unnecessary. Hopefully, the poet here uses the technique prudently enough that the poems fall under the former category. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles is a collection of poetry where words are used to portray imagery or create different meanings. In this form of art, the author uses a technique called calligram to arrange words to form shapes and pictures.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Hana_Fabro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hana-fabro.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Hana_Fabro »

I've never heard of a poetry novel that has a unique feature like a calligram that is an art in a form of words. I believe this book will touch the poetic side of every reader. Thanks for your wonderful review.
twinkle09
Currently Reading: Tactile Therapy: Volume One
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twinkle09.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out the Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 1 by Tom Wick

Post by twinkle09 »

The author's presentation of intimate married life through poetry and artworks is interesting and informative. But this is not my kind of book. Hence, I am going to pass this. Thanks for the review!
Bonang chuene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bonang chuene »

The Art of poetry doesn’t only melt a mouth but it embraces its originality and nevertheless Beatriz M.Robles made it full clear , her ability to combine art and words to form a original kind of art literature baffles me especially the work of different kinds of objects to give the novel a good kick start-
The work of good calligraphies this was a good one
Iyanudaniel0128
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Iyanudaniel0128 »

To be able to create different pictorial stories from words is indeed a unique and brilliant talent. I'm really intruiged and hooked and I look forward to reading the book
Amina Yusuf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amina-yusuf.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt
Reading Device: B07PQLY49F

Post by Amina Yusuf »

This is an interesting book. The photographs convey important messages to readers. The creativity of the author is really recommendable.
Isaac Munyiri

Post by Isaac Munyiri »

This review is one of its kind it makes one look forward to reading the actual book to comfirm that words can be converted into art(pictures).its great ,kudos!!!
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

A poetry book that is full of artwork sounds very interesting. I have never heard of calligrams before so I am intrigued. Thank you for the review.
Willz0_

Post by Willz0_ »

Robles makes use of wordplay, imagery and everyday objects to construct nice prose. Across-the-board it is a good literature and makes for a good read
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-limpho-mojakisane.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow

Post by Limpho Mojakisane »

I love how the author used different pieces of writing to create this masterpiece. Moreover, being a poetry lover, I find this book quite fascinating for me as well as intriguing. I congratulate the author on writing this great book by infusing different writing styles! Thank you for a great review...
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

The author is certainly very creative! I would love to try to find out all the various ways the poems could be read – utilising ordinary objects is also one thing that I like. Thanks for the review.
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

I'm new to poetry but I enjoy reading about random and creative stuff like this. I can't wait to read the sample to see those images. I like how the author's thoughts are conveyed in a sensual and subtle way. Congratulations on the BOTD.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”