Review of Speaks for Itself: A Commodity of Musings from My Life

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Novin Aliyah
Currently Reading: The Shade of Highfall
Bookshelf Size: 26

Re: Review of Speaks for Itself: A Commodity of Musings from My Life

Post by Novin Aliyah »

A poem describes a life that seems to motivate one to become a better human being. Very interesting. I will try to read a book of poetry collections. An exhilarating review.
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

Awesome review. I love the fact that faith, hope and love aspect was incorporated.
jaym_tan
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaym-tan.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by jaym_tan »

The poetrries were all well-written and the poems tackled a variety of topics. As someone who has a love for English literature, the author wrote many thought-provoking pieces. Congrats on BOTD!
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Post by Peace Odii »

My best writing poetic style is that of covering different topics and issues of life. I congratulate the author for this.
Michael_peace
Currently Reading: The Long Walk Home (Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 40

Post by Michael_peace »

I'm not a fan of poetry but the review so far is commendable for the author's books.

I would like to read the book and be able to understand the authors expression of the situation through words
Sreeja Sudheer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sreeja-sudheer.html
Latest Review: Ku-Pok's Morning Calm by Dr. David Maloney

Post by Sreeja Sudheer »

The poet has proved his prowess in manipulating human psyche by delving deep into the unknown realms and different aspects of mind. The review has paid adequate justice to the book by paying attention to theme, figures of speech, rhythm and also to other minute details. I like the poem titled, "To the Exclusion of Others" where the poet tells us about the mortality of our existence and also opens new vistas to the intricacies of human mind.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

This sounds like this book will give me so many feels! I am a huge fan of poetries and I feel like I will enjoy this book tremendously. Can't wait to read this after I'm done with my pile. Thanks a lot for this.
Amanda Nicole Newton
Currently Reading: East Wind, 2nd Edition
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nicole-newton.html
Latest Review: Shadow's Adventure Home by Kathy Kovar

Post by Amanda Nicole Newton »

This sounds like a great poetry collection! I want poems that mean something, that speak up or speak out against injustice. These sound great.
Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.”
mytkreadingreview
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mytkreadingreview.html
Latest Review: Scam Story by Gini Graham Scott
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mytkreadingreview »

The review speaks about poems some touch our feellings, they can also encourage love in daily life among many relationships.
Uniter Oyando
Favorite Book: Maybe You Should Talk to Someone
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uniter-oyando.html
Latest Review: The Russian Lieutenant by Peter Marshall

Post by Uniter Oyando »

The last time I read poetry was 6 years ago. After reading the sample, I'm actually excited to read this entire book. The poems are quite relatable to the day-to-day aspects of life.
Uniter Oyando
Favorite Book: Maybe You Should Talk to Someone
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uniter-oyando.html
Latest Review: The Russian Lieutenant by Peter Marshall

Post by Uniter Oyando »

One of my favorite poems in the book, 'Get Me Through,' is about resilience and victory in the face of naysayers and haters. It opens with one of my favorite lines in the book, which reads: "It's not so lonely at the top when everyone's trying to nudge you from your spot." Isn't that powerful? However, the poem that personally ministered to me is titled 'The Luxury of Complacency.' It is a thought-provoking piece that inspires readers to break out of their comfort zones.

Wow! This brings a whole new perspective to the phrase " it gets lonely at the top". I totally agree with you, it is indeed powerful. But I guess it is lonely at the top because you really have few people with your best interests at heart. The ones trying to nudge you from your spot are definitely not your circle. But how can one tell, who is real and who is not? Crazy how the world is designed. Thank you for your great review!
Uttam Show
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uttam-show.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Uttam Show »

One of my favorite poems in the book, 'Get Me Through,' is about resilience and victory in the face of naysayers and haters. It opens with one of my favorite lines in the book, which reads: "It's not so lonely at the top when everyone's trying to nudge you from your spot." Isn't that powerful? However, the poem that personally ministered to me is titled 'The Luxury of Complacency.' It is a thought-provoking piece that inspires readers to break out of their comfort zones.
Now I have to go though all of them. This is so nice expression. Thanks for this review :) :D
Justafloatin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Justafloatin »

As someone who thoroughly enjoys reading and writing poetry, I found this collection to be unexpectedly beautiful. I feel this collection is great, even for those who don’t often read poetry. The words flow creatively, forming a colorful image in the mind.
Lunareader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunareader.html
Latest Review: B-Side by Janis Jones

Post by Lunareader »

I love poetry. I would love to read this book because of the writer's style to depict ideas. Thanks for such a nice review.
Latest Review: B-Side by Janis Jones
hyoshin 123
Currently Reading: My Infinite Self
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by hyoshin 123 »

This book is awesome for me because I'm a big fan on poems . It's like Everytime you read a poems you took a note for it . I absolutely love this book.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”