Review of Speaks for Itself: A Commodity of Musings from My Life

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saumya Guptaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saumya-guptaa.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Re: Review of Speaks for Itself: A Commodity of Musings from My Life

Post by Saumya Guptaa »

The poet has very eloquently talked about some important issues in this book. People who appreciate and understand poetry can surely assess the depth behind the words in this book.
Rebi
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Rebi »

I almost passed on this collection of poetry due to its cover, specifically the strange figures dancing around the street sign (I hope the poet considers omitting them in newer editions). However, I am glad I read Speaks for Itself: A Commodity of Musings From My Life. I found that it did indeed speak for itself. The poet's musings are both straightforward and powerful, though I thought some of them suffered from a sameness of theme and structure. Nevertheless, I recommend the poems to readers who enjoy free verse. My favorite one was The World, a reflection upon the pain of alienation and the elusiveness of truth.
_mahinda12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahinda12.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
2024 Reading Goal: 408
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by _mahinda12 »

Poetry cuts deep to the core and the poetry in this book simply does that well. Amazing Review.
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

This is an unique collection of poems where the author talks about everyday life. Relationships, friends, problems... all of that are the themes of this book.
Miss_BeckyG
Currently Reading: Behind Broken Glass Walls
Bookshelf Size: 1129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Miss_BeckyG »

A great collection of poems that touch on passion, pain, love, despair, guilt, relationships among others topics. The author gets the readers to reflect on the message with such ease, that it feels like having a conversation. Great review!
“ Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ”
Marianne Williamson
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I am just beginning to really appreciate poetry. This is a great review and sounds like a book that I would really be interested in can’t wait to open it up and dig in. Congrats on the BOTD
Emerizx
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emerizx.html

Post by Emerizx »

I am a lover of poem, one thing I admired most about the review was the motivation aspect which every person needs when he or she feels all hope has been lost. Nice review, I love the flow of review.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

When you put your feelings and emotions into the things you are good at --like writing poems, music, and painting-- it's so satisfying. Just like what the author did, he writes a poem that symbolizes his pain, guilt, and many more. This book sounds amazing, I'm excited to know more about the author by exploring his book of feelings and emotions.
Joseph Mutuku 1
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-mutuku-1.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Joseph Mutuku 1 »

Fans of poetry books will like today's Book of the Day. It centers around "passion, pain, love, despair, guilt, the dynamics in relationships, amongst others." The author also employs an exciting writing style. Not a fan, though.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

I am deeply interested in reading about this insightful concept written in the form of poems. The various concepts mentioned in the review such a love, pain despair, guilt, etc. seem very interesting to read about. Great review!
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

Speaks for Itself: A Commodity of Musings from My Life by Jeffrey Paul Bailey is a wonderful poetry collection. It is relatable in a lot of ways because it touches topics like body shaming, hypocrisy, resilience and victory.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

This sounds like a lovely collection of poems. It seems to have a broad range of themes, like love, despair, and even body-shaming. Congrats on the book of the day. Great review.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I love reading poetry, and this one seems to touch the reader on multiple levels with its powerful messages, metaphors, and clever wordplays. Thank you for this insightful review!
tariq ashraf
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading: Equel Rites
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by tariq ashraf »

I have never been a fan or liked poetry books, honestly, its book cover more resembles cartoonist's germs characters. Musing on death was a bit odd and out of understandable thoughts.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

The thing I like most about the book, I think, is that the poems eventually send the reader to reflect on their own life, which is a thing. I am glad it covers various aspects of life as well. Thanks for the review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”