Review of Inspirational Book of Poetry and Readings

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3047
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Review of Inspirational Book of Poetry and Readings

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Inspirational Book of Poetry and Readings" by Joce Rogers Smith.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you see God around you? What lessons can mundane things in life teach us about preparedness in and out of season? We, unquestionably, live in times filled with raging turbulence. In Inspirational Book of Poetry and Readings, Joce Rogers Smith, the author, reminds us of the only constant in a changing world. Joce passes fundamental, timeless, timely values using creative, memorable poems. The poems addressed diverse themes ranging from nature, equality, policing, racial prejudice, and humility to the plight of immigrants.

The poems acknowledge the existence of problems and pain in the world and expound on them. They point towards hope and the importance of rising from despair. Moreover, several poems will lighten one’s mood. Likewise, the inspirational compositions in the second section convey much. They inspire the reader to aim for excellence and do what they can at every stage in life by focusing on quality over quantity. My favorite writing in the section was ‘What’s Going Viral?’ Everyone who reads the book will discover its relevance and, perhaps, why I liked it.

I, undoubtedly, enjoyed reading the poems aloud. The messages resonated with the feelings we all experience, whether in times of joy or sorrow. The first poem, I See God, was my favorite. The author employed everyday objects to remind the reader about God’s love, power, grace, and presence in our lives. I liked this poem the most because I could read a line, look outside, and happily nod my head, as I realized I did not have to go far to confirm the veracity of the message. Such simplicity, coupled with profound import, characterized every poem.

Readers will be delighted that the author’s life primarily informed the inspirational thoughts. They remind us that time is a factor outside our control and how to maximize every available opportunity. In a way, she stands on the summit after walking the winding, rocky path to give important pointers about what worked in her journey. Consequently, her proclamation is characterized by demonstration, giving them more power, as they have withstood the test of time and practicality. I found the welcome addresses a bit repetitive, but this might be because I read them chronologically in one sitting. One way to avoid this is by randomly choosing poems or selecting those that best suit specific occasions. Except for this, the whole book was brilliant.

Owing to its simplicity, relevance, and memorability, I gladly rate Inspirational Book of Poetry and Readings four out of four stars. The book will appeal to fans of poetry, especially Christians, owing to the underlying belief in God. Equally, applicable Bible verses were included at the end of every poem. Non-Christians might discover the compositions are in harmony with their liking, as Joce seeks not after imposing her beliefs on anyone but proclaiming hope and showing God’s love, greatness, and faithfulness.

Inspirational Book of Poetry and Readings
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

Really well written review with great portrayal of the theme of the book and it's contents. A job well done.
Joseph Mutuku 1
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-mutuku-1.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Joseph Mutuku 1 »

I'm a fan of Christian books; however, I'm not a fan of poems. So, I'll definitely not read it. Otherwise, thanks for such a nice review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”